Buying Onboard Credit pre-cruise

mum and son

Hello Oh Wise Ones!

I have bought myself some OBC in the cruise personaliser, and I'm finding the wording Princess use to be quite confusing. I'm logged into my Princess account and the wording says:

"Why not treat yourself – or your travel companions – to a Princess Onboard Credit. The credit appears on your stateroom account and will be automatically applied toward onboard purchases from fine wines to shore excursions, spa treatments and more!"

At no point does it give me the option to choose who I am buying OBC for, despite saying I can purchase it for my travel companions. I am just assuming that it is applied to me because I'm logged in as me. Even in the list of purchases it is worded strangely, only saying "Package Purchased by xxx", so it says who bought it, not who gets it. Again, just assuming it comes to me (yes, I have printed out the pages to carry onboard in case).

Also, is any OBC you purchase for yourself refundable?

Can anyone put my mind at ease? I hate to assume!

2 hours ago, mum and son said:

At no point does it give me the option to choose who I am buying OBC for, despite saying I can purchase it for my travel companions. I am just assuming that it is applied to me because I'm logged in as me. Even in the list of purchases it is worded strangely, only saying "Package Purchased by xxx", so it says who bought it, not who gets it.

I may be wrong and not aware of something on the personalizer that I've missed.  In order to purchase a gift (Anniversary Package, Bon Voyage, Wine, flowers etc..) for another person you need to call it in to Princess and there is a time limit to do that.  The other way I have done it is to get enough information from the gift recipient so that I could log directly into their personalizer and order the gifts through there.  (I'm not even sure that will work as the only time I used that method, their booking was on my credit card anyway.)  Another method would be to go to PAX Services Desk aboard and put the credit on the recipient's account there.

9 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I may be wrong and not aware of something on the personalizer that I've missed.  In order to purchase a gift (Anniversary Package, Bon Voyage, Wine, flowers etc..) for another person you need to call it in to Princess and there is a time limit to do that.  The other way I have done it is to get enough information from the gift recipient so that I could log directly into their personalizer and order the gifts through there.  (I'm not even sure that will work as the only time I used that method, their booking was on my credit card anyway.)  Another method would be to go to PAX Services Desk aboard and put the credit on the recipient's account there.

Thanks for the reply. It's ok, because I am actually buying it for myself. I'm doing a B2B and loading credit on my account in advance so that I have little (or no) out of pocket expenses at the end of the cruise. It's just poorly worded by Princess so I wanted to check that it would actually go on my account. 

12 hours ago, mum and son said:

Thanks for the reply. It's ok, because I am actually buying it for myself. I'm doing a B2B and loading credit on my account in advance so that I have little (or no) out of pocket expenses at the end of the cruise. It's just poorly worded by Princess so I wanted to check that it would actually go on my account. 

In my experience when I added any gifts through my personalizer, the only recipients for the gifts could be passengers listed on my booking on my personalizer.  Since anything will be credited or charged to your folio, I would say it's safe to assume the credits will go in your folio.  If you want to be super sure, call Princess and add the credits that way.

Enjoy your cruise.