Junior Suite Perks

JTJT1

I have read through the boards, but there are so many differences as to what the actual "perks" are for a JS.  We will be on Mariner next month in a JS.  

We got the JS mostly because there will be 2 adults and 2 kids in the room, and my other half is 6'5", so the larger bathroom & extra space was nice. Plus, this is a "getaway" trip for my kid who has been through a ton  medically this year, and just needed a break!

It looks like the additional benefits state priority boarding, robes & upgraded toiletries. CK dining one night was brought up, but we will be on Mariner so that wont apply.   Some people have mentioned they had the room service fees waived, others mentioned they were able to order from the MDR menu for room service, I read that JS guests can go to the suite podium for the My Time dining seating if there is a long line.  Are these YMMV or are there any other "perks" that will be offered?  GS is sold out, and OS is way out of my budget 🙂 

Thanks everyone!  This will be our first time with RCI since we were on the "Maiden Voyage" with Freedom of the Seas.  Kids prefer Disney CL, but now that they are getting older we are looking to switch over to RCI.  

• Like 1

JS Perks on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom class:

Bathtub
Walk-in closet
Priority check-in and boarding
Tea kettle and coffee maker
Bathroom amenities
Robes
Extra C&A point per night
Distintive color Seapass card (no significance other than distinctive color)

I am not familiar with a suite podium for MyTime dining, a waiver of room service fees (but I don't use room service) and have never been given the option of ordering from the MDR menu when I cruise in a JS (I understand your desire for more space -- my sons are 6'6 & 6'7 LOL).  I have another one booked in Feb, so I'll be interested in reading the answers that you get from others who have cruised recently in a JS. 

The JS cabin is definitely more spacious.  I like the roomy walk-in closet and the tub/shower definitely is roomier than the usual shower cube.  You can check in quicker, which could be helpful depending on the crowd when you check in.  My favorite perk is the larger balcony, with two loungers instead of those two tiny chairs.  I've read that not all JS have them, but I've always had loungers when I've booked a JS.  The little coffeemaker always looks a little musty to me, so I've never used it.  As Clarea mentioned (my goodness - that's a LOT of posts!), you'll get double points (triple when cruising solo in a JS).  IMO, the biggest perk is the roominess that you'll get.

Edited by Truluv
Added info.

10 minutes ago, Truluv said:

... and have never been given the option of ordering from the MDR menu when I cruise in a JS ...

A JS does not have the option to order room service from the MDR menu.  Must be a GS or better.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

A JS does not have the option to order room service from the MDR menu.  Must be a GS or better.

And you also do not get free room service. Gotta love that closet though. Gives you an extra changing room which is great with four in the cabin. 

1 hour ago, JTJT1 said:

I have read through the boards, but there are so many differences as to what the actual "perks" are for a JS.  We will be on Mariner next month in a JS.  

We got the JS mostly because there will be 2 adults and 2 kids in the room, and my other half is 6'5", so the larger bathroom & extra space was nice. Plus, this is a "getaway" trip for my kid who has been through a ton  medically this year, and just needed a break!

It looks like the additional benefits state priority boarding, robes & upgraded toiletries. CK dining one night was brought up, but we will be on Mariner so that wont apply.   Some people have mentioned they had the room service fees waived, others mentioned they were able to order from the MDR menu for room service, I read that JS guests can go to the suite podium for the My Time dining seating if there is a long line.  Are these YMMV or are there any other "perks" that will be offered?  GS is sold out, and OS is way out of my budget 🙂 

Thanks everyone!  This will be our first time with RCI since we were on the "Maiden Voyage" with Freedom of the Seas.  Kids prefer Disney CL, but now that they are getting older we are looking to switch over to RCI.  

How nice!!! Will be in JS next month also...just me & hubby this time. The family one will be on Harmony again. Our first time on Mariner....EnJoY your get-away!!!  

I have heard of some tall people say that the bathtub height is an issue..... in case it is...your husband can go to the spa area & use those showers.... just an option. 

Edited by SRV FAN