Celebrity Infinity Med Aug 2019

737swapilot

Let me start off by saying that I have been on Carnival, Rccl x3, Disney, Norwegian x2 and silver sea cruises. This was the first Celebrity cruise we have taken and by far our Worst. First the ship was actually not bad at all. The infinity looks well taken care of and is in really nice shape. The room steward was really attentive and kept the room clean. Unfortunately that’s the end of the good.

The Capt was nonexistent, the only time you saw the capt was when he and was dropping off or picking up just kid from kids club and would not even look at you or say hello. The food was on par with fast food. The buffet was nothing to write home about, there would be empty trays of food that were not restocked. They had excursions that left really early and arrived late and only gave you 30 min on each end to grab some food. (That includes time to viewed the ship, get ready and go eat. The specialty restaurants were no better. The n the main dining room service was slow, orders mixed up and if you wanted to order a drink you had to wait fir a bartender that was working the entire main restaurant. That resulted in waiting over 30 min for a drink that sometimes never even showed up.  Nobody monitored adult only areas or pool and stuff seemed put out if you asked a question.  Guest service was no better often talking right past you. 

The hope this was just a glitch because I have heard great things about Celebrity cruises.

2 hours ago, 737swapilot said:

Let me start off by saying that I have been on Carnival, Rccl x3, Disney, Norwegian x2 and silver sea cruises. This was the first Celebrity cruise we have taken and by far our Worst. First the ship was actually not bad at all. The infinity looks well taken care of and is in really nice shape. The room steward was really attentive and kept the room clean. Unfortunately that’s the end of the good.

The Capt was nonexistent, the only time you saw the capt was when he and was dropping off or picking up just kid from kids club and would not even look at you or say hello. The food was on par with fast food. The buffet was nothing to write home about, there would be empty trays of food that were not restocked. They had excursions that left really early and arrived late and only gave you 30 min on each end to grab some food. (That includes time to viewed the ship, get ready and go eat. The specialty restaurants were no better. The n the main dining room service was slow, orders mixed up and if you wanted to order a drink you had to wait fir a bartender that was working the entire main restaurant. That resulted in waiting over 30 min for a drink that sometimes never even showed up.  Nobody monitored adult only areas or pool and stuff seemed put out if you asked a question.  Guest service was no better often talking right past you. 

The hope this was just a glitch because I have heard great things about Celebrity cruises.

Sorry it didn't work for you.  We have done 11 Celebrity cruises including 4 on Infinity) and the dining on each has been excellent.

We also cruise Royal and NCL but prefer Celebrity.  The last cruise we did was on Royal and the dining was not far from Celebrity level.   

Not sure that I agree with all your complaints.  We like excursions or tours that go all day.

Also, we enjoy taking our time while dining.

Perhaps next time it will work for you.

Sorry you were disappointed. We did two separate cruises on the Infinity earlier this year and had none of your issues although I will admit getting bar service in the buffet was unusually difficult. The aft bar waiters were reluctant to leave the bar area to take orders, but overall we had two very enjoyable cruises. The Infinity is an older ship heading into dry dock soon for a major update so maybe you were expecting something more modern?

I’m on infinity now and don’t see how you can suggest the food is ‘fast food’ we have had amazing food in the MDR and didn’t feel the need to pay for any speciality menu . Drinks have been plentiful and the sommelier has actually left the bottles on our table for us to pour ourselves.

Edited by CruiseCrew123

We were a family group of 14 (all ages) that sailed on the July 27th cruise...all are experienced cruisers....first time on Celebrity for everyone except me. The only complaint I heard from anyone was that they sometimes got knocked off the internet. We had early fixed dining at two separate tables close to each other (different  waiters) and had excellent service as well as bar service. Perhaps you had the "anytime dining"?

Everyone enjoyed the food. My brother loved the escargot so much that he had it every night (as well as the creme brulee!) My sister is a RCCI regular and she was impressed with the buffet....loved all the different choices going all the way around the buffet instead of having the same choices on both sides as most lines do.

Did not do any specialty restaurants or shore excursions so can't comment there.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise....we all certainly did.