Group Bookings

vacation44

I have a question regarding group bookings and have tried to do some research on it on this website but cannot find my answer.

If we have a large group which qualifies for a free cabin, can the free cabin discount be allocated to all of the cabins in the group so that the savings would be divided up to the other cabins?

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I have a question regarding group bookings and have tried to do some research on it on this website but cannot find my answer.

If we have a large group which qualifies for a free cabin, can the free cabin discount be allocated to all of the cabins in the group so that the savings would be divided up to the other cabins?

We have a group going.  I was told it could go to each cabin.  I found it easier to just let one credit go to us and I turned over the portions due to each of the cabins.  That credit doesn't come through until the final payment date and the amount is dependent on the majority of the cabins.  

I had many screw ups with the NCL PCC and as many here have suggested, you may want to use a TA to take care of the details.  

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

It can. I honestly would use a Travel Agent to do all of this. They can handle getting deposits, making sure everyone pays on time, booking each room, etc and take a lot of work load off of your hands.

One quick bit of advice if you are doing this group on your own.  Ask up front what you will be receiving as a group.  The original amenities when booking, disappear with bookings lower than a suite.  If you were getting an on board credit that may not apply with the group.  Get an understanding in writing (which is difficult) from the Cruise Consultant.  Also, go through the group department listed on their page if possible.

We are sailing next month and I had a non responsive consultant when it came down to getting what he had actually said we would receive.  Umpteen million emails and phone calls things are finally resolved but it could have been avoided.  

Get it in writing 🙂 

23 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

One quick bit of advice if you are doing this group on your own.  Ask up front what you will be receiving as a group.  The original amenities when booking, disappear with bookings lower than a suite.  If you were getting an on board credit that may not apply with the group.  Get an understanding in writing (which is difficult) from the Cruise Consultant.  Also, go through the group department listed on their page if possible.

We are sailing next month and I had a non responsive consultant when it came down to getting what he had actually said we would receive.  Umpteen million emails and phone calls things are finally resolved but it could have been avoided.  

Get it in writing 🙂 

Thank you very much for the advise.  

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, MikeBTN said:

It can. I honestly would use a Travel Agent to do all of this. They can handle getting deposits, making sure everyone pays on time, booking each room, etc and take a lot of work load off of your hands.

The deposits and payments were no problem at all.  It depends on the type of group and how many I guess.  We were all friends and for us it just reduced the cost of the cruise a little.  We did encounter issues but it was with the rep from NCL.  As I said before if you get it in writing.  Ask for the group detail report and get updates as you go along.