Assistance at Airport

Jeffrey1950

Hello:  I am planning my next trip on the QM2. I always have assistance getting on and off the ship. My concern is although I am used to doing this in Brooklyn what is the procedure in the UK, If I sail over will I get help when leaving the ship and when getting to the area for my transfer to the Airport or if I fly over can I get assistance at the airport that will take me to my pick up area for my car service. What would be easier Eastbound or Westbound? 

You should contact the airline you are flying with and they will organise assistance for you. I'm not sure about getting you to pick up a hire car but I know the airport staff would take you to a taxi or to meet a driver.

Also Cunard will assist you at Southampton and other ports you will have to fill out a medical/ disability form and email/fax it to them.

23 hours ago, Jeffrey1950 said:

I always get assistance in New York and never had to fill out any forms. Maybe this is just something done in Southampton.

I have just had to fill out a form for my sister in law as she and my brother are coming on a cruise in October on the QV. She is a part time wheelchair user and when I asked Cunard to link the two bookings for dining etc they asked me to fill out the following

://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/accessibility-pdfs/accessibility-medical-questionnaire-2018.pdf

I hope this helps.