Cruisin Newbie

TexasSmiles

I am new to the site and am looking for any information I can get about cruisin. I am currently looking to book a cruise on Miracle around Sept. 06. Can anyone tell me the best room to book for space, view, etc. Also, I am concerned about the hurricane season. Should I be worried??

Any help would be so helpful since I know very little about the cruises. I have been on many sites and I feel comfortable I can get the answers here.

TexasSmiles:)

Welcome to our world. I'd be concerned about cruising during "hurricane season"...just not worried. Carnival--and all cruise lines--do their best not to put their ships in the path of a hurricane. That may mean your cruise is delayed or detoured. Then it [more probably] could mean nothing happens. In any case, you should buy insurance prior to your trip. One place to look is:

http://insuremytrip.com

This site has an entire area which will answer most of your general questions. When you have specific ones, come back here. That area is:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ftc/index.cfm

We took our Disney cruise in hurricane season (near the end anyway). We took a chance and lucked out but Luck does play a major part in it. We always take out the insurance but be careful with the insurance. There are different policies for different things and I'm not sure if any cover cancellation due to bad weather. This past year would not have been a good one to gamble on a cruise during hurricane season but who's to say about this year. Good luck whatever you plan.

Here is a site that may help you with deckplans, stateroom information, etc. There are pictures of the different types of staterooms too.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/home1.htm

Wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Great choice of ship.

We loved the Miracle. The Spirit class is our favorite. The ships are very large but don't seem crowded. We had a balcony cabin on the Spirit and an outside cabin on the Miracle. I am sure you will be comfortable in any cabin you choose. Look at the deck plans carefully as you decide which is best for you. You want to be careful not to choose a cabin directly under any public places.

Here is a great site that may help you in your selection: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com

Happy planning.

Diane

Friends of mine did were on Disney when Katrina hit, New Orleans, not the ship. They had a great time. Remember that a ship can get out of the way of a big storm. They watch the weather very closely. Now if you're going to book at that time of year, don't book looking for a specific island or port. Itineraries are more likely to change that time of year. Heck itineraries change all the time anyways, rough weather so no tendering in or possible damage to the ship/dock, etc. If this happens, go to the Lido deck, get a drink of the day, find a lounger, and relax. Don't let it ruin your trip.

Archived