Aft facing balcony on Joy

The aft facing balconies differ in depth (by deck) and width. The sizes match the other ships in the Breakaway Plus class (Escape, Joy, Bliss, & Encore are all the same class). The sizes for Breakaway & Getaway (Breakaway Class) are different than the Breakaway Plus class. 

Deck 9 is the deepest and deck 13 is the least deep for both classes, however. 

The 2 aft-facing mini-suites (deck 10) differ in width but are the same depth. 

There are also different bed configurations for the aft-facing staterooms/aft-facing suites. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The aft facing balconies differ in depth (by deck) and width. The sizes match the other ships in the Breakaway Plus class (Escape, Joy, Bliss, & Encore are all the same class). The sizes for Breakaway & Getaway (Breakaway Class) are different than the Breakaway Plus class. 

Deck 9 is the deepest and deck 13 is the least deep for both classes, however. 

The 2 aft-facing mini-suites (deck 10) differ in width but are the same depth. 

There are also different bed configurations for the aft-facing staterooms/aft-facing suites. 

They only have aft balconies left on 12, 13, 14, and 15. What would be best out of those?

33 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

They only have aft balconies left on 12, 13, 14, and 15. What would be best out of those?

Deck 12 would be the best choice if it matches what Escape had.   We had two loungers, two chairs and a small table on our Deck 12  Aft B1 balcony.   

8 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The balconies left will still be great though. A few sq. ft won't make that much difference if it's only you and 1+. I love aft balconies and it makes only a slight difference if it's a little less sq. ft. 

It’s $478 more than a midship balcony. Dh want to know that it’s worse the extra. They also have an angled midship that looks a little bigger than the others. 

Just now, NCteacherlovescruising said:

It’s $478 more than a midship balcony. Dh want to know that it’s worse the extra. They also have an angled midship that looks a little bigger than the others. 

I was in an angled bal. on Breakaway end of June and no way does it come close to comparing to the an aft balcony, minisuite or PHsuite.  If you're satisfied with a regular balcony with a few ft... 2-3 max... well, OK.  

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Of those, deck 12 is the best choice. It is the deepest and is furthest away from the nighttime noise of Spice H2O.

Do you prefer the bed near the balcony or the bed near the closet?

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I was in an angled bal. on Breakaway end of June and no way does it come close to comparing to the an aft balcony, minisuite or PHsuite.  If you're satisfied with a regular balcony with a few ft... 2-3 max... well, OK.  

So you think the aft facing balcony is worth nearly $500 more? Dh wasn’t overly impressed with the mini suite. It looked like just the bathroom is bigger. Is that correct?  PH is not in our budget. 

1 minute ago, BullyLvr said:

I was on Breakaway Mid ship mini suite on deck 11 and the balcony was TINY!  Smallest balcony I’ve ever had on any line. But, we were happy to have even our small balcony.

The side balconies on BA/GA are smaller/less deep than the equivalent on the BA Plus class.

The aft-facing balconies are even deeper than the side balconies except for the M6s on the BA Plus ships.

• Like 2

Just now, NCteacherlovescruising said:

So you think the aft facing balcony is worth nearly $500 more? Dh wasn’t overly impressed with the mini suite. It looked like just the bathroom is bigger. Is that correct?  PH is not in our budget. 

What it's worth to you is on you... I can't tell you what it's worth.  I only used the other cabins as identifications of aft cabins.  It's always what you feel is worth, however, I would not pay more for an angled balcony than regular balcony.  A large balcony or minisuite is a different story. 

25 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I don’t know if they are or not. Was it aft facing?

Yes, I was talking about a Category B1 which is an Aft Facing Balcony.   On Deck 12, all the B1s are deep & wide enough to comfortably hold two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table.   If you plan to spend some time on the balcony, you would not be disappointed with the space or view.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

What it's worth to you is on you... I can't tell you what it's worth.  I only used the other cabins as identifications of aft cabins.  It's always what you feel is worth, however, I would not pay more for an angled balcony than regular balcony.  A large balcony or minisuite is a different story. 

The angled balcony is the same price as the other balconies. We’re just trying to decide which to book before the sale ends tomorrow. Is the mini suite much bigger than the aft facing balcony?  

15 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes, I was talking about a Category B1 which is an Aft Facing Balcony.   On Deck 12, all the B1s are deep & wide enough to comfortably hold two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table.   If you plan to spend some time on the balcony, you would not be disappointed with the space or view.

That sounds great!

7 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

What is an M6?

Mini-suite with large balcony (located towards the front of the ship)

If choosing a B1 on deck 12, my main choice would be 12358/12958. They are both bed near balcony. I'd avoid 12362 because it has the most narrow aft-facing balcony on that deck. It is also bed near closet which I don't prefer. I'm not including 12962 because it is wheelchair accessible and should go to someone who needs it.

5 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

The angled balcony is the same price as the other balconies. We’re just trying to decide which to book before the sale ends tomorrow. Is the mini suite much bigger than the aft facing balcony?  

#1 - don't be so sure the sale ends "tomorrow". 

#2 - the mini suites are apparently (I've only cruised in MS in smaller ships) same approx. size as balconies, however, the bathrooms are much nicer with dbl sinks and more space in shower. So, the decision for you is really do you love aft or more space... that's how I see it; how you see it may be different.  Sorry I can't be more help. 

Enjoy your cruise. 

7 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

#1 - don't be so sure the sale ends "tomorrow". 

#2 - the mini suites are apparently (I've only cruised in MS in smaller ships) same approx. size as balconies, however, the bathrooms are much nicer with dbl sinks and more space in shower. So, the decision for you is really do you love aft or more space... that's how I see it; how you see it may be different.  Sorry I can't be more help. 

Enjoy your cruise. 

The website says the sale ends tomorrow, fwiw. 

I keep seeing conflicting info on the size of the mini suites. If you look at the diagram online it looks bigger. 

Thanks for your help!  

5 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I keep seeing conflicting info on the size of the mini suites. If you look at the diagram online it looks bigger. 

For standard balcony vs standard mini-suite, the few extra feet in length for the MS is pretty much entirely in the bathroom. The living room/bed area is about the same.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

I understand your cunnumdrum... as a solo cruiser now, I'd love to cruise on the Joy in a Concierge cabin, however, is it worth it? No idea, but, I'd love to try it. In your case, it's a tough call and I'm so sorry I can't be more help except to say..." do what makes you BOTH happy!" Have a wonderful cruise, no matter what you choose. 

Cheers. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For standard balcony vs standard mini-suite, the few extra feet in length for the MS is pretty much entirely in the bathroom. The living room/bed area is about the same.

A bigger bathroom would be nice, especially a bigger shower. Shaving in those tiny showers in awful!  Lol Not sure if it’s worth the extra money in dh’s eyes. 

3 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I understand your cunnumdrum... as a solo cruiser now, I'd love to cruise on the Joy in a Concierge cabin, however, is it worth it? No idea, but, I'd love to try it. In your case, it's a tough call and I'm so sorry I can't be more help except to say..." do what makes you BOTH happy!" Have a wonderful cruise, no matter what you choose. 

Cheers. 

I priced a Concierge Cabin. Yikes!  It was a lot more. Dh would be happy with a standard balcony. I want the nicest cabin he will buy!  😂

• Like 1