Upgrading to Owners Suite on Escape

Mikalen

I am currently booked in the 2 bdrm suite on the Escape.  The price has went down so much that it looks like I could upgrade to the Owners Suite.  Has anyone stayed in this suite?  Looks like it is a forward suite and I have never stayed in a forward cabin.  If anyone has stayed in both a 2 bdrm and an Owners Suite, can you let me know if I should pull the trigger on this.  We really didn't need the 2 bdrm but I took the upgrade when the price dropped the first time a couple of weeks ago.  Any info on how everyone feels about the Owners Suite would be great.  The ones that are currently available are 18100, 17700, and 17100

The balconies on 17 are deeper than on 18 for the OS and DOS.

The forward view is nice but you will deal with the constant "wind in your face" if standing on the balcony while the ship is moving. If sitting, the wind isn't much of a problem.

Escape is the only Breakaway Plus ship with an OS so you might as well try it.

Stayed in 17700 twice. Loved it. The balcony is great. We spent tons of time out there, and I can't say wind was an issue. Maybe if you're standing at the edge? While seated and lounging, we didn't have issues.

It's just the 2 of us, and we preferred the spacious extra half bath. The shower in the 2nd BR is fairly small and we only ever used the large shower anyway. The bath in the OS will not face the ocean, like the 2BR.

Plus we loved the unlimited bottles of water, mixers, and 3 bottles in the room. In addition to your 3 bottles, you will also get a bottle of Moet.

Given a choice, always OS v. 2 BR for us. Disappointed everything after Escape dropped this category.