Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

I’m on the star side spa deck. This half is serenity the other side has a camp ocean playground. Then one deck up is all serenity. There are 5 people here now. Upstairs there were four in one hot tub and two in loungers. 

I had a great night of sleep. I love my room. I love my neighbors. I haven’t seen or heard any of them...which is perfect. 

I think one set of neighbors may be dead. Their suitcase is still in the hallway from Sunday. 

Not really but it was still there this time yesterday which was odd. I know it was there before 5pm on Sunday so it wasn’t a late arrival.

I knew something was off with this coffee cup lid yesterday but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Now I’ve got it. This lid isn’t plastic. It’s cardboard. Overall it’s not too bad. Definitely different when you put your lips on cardboard. And I think there may be some absorption going on. But it’s not nearly as bad as the sugar straw.

I’m still leaving the TV on channel 19. Ocean Treks, The Voyager, and Vacation Creation are shows I like that are on it. There’s also a show I haven’t seen where a guy travels around on cruise ships looking for ingredients to make cocktails. Sounds like another good one. Good spirits it’s called.

• Like 2

Yesterday I figured out how to grab the nice pdf version of the fun times. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back to Sunday and get that one. 

I’ll start doing a screen shot of that pdf so it’s here visually and uploading the full version to my google drive and providing a download link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKBPUgVlc5mHg8lL3xpRf-MfaE3H2HcM/view?usp=drivesdk

8372693C-B30A-45B9-A5F1-58D06D807944.jpeg

4340B184-6196-4776-8FCD-05F902C4E906.jpeg

• Like 1

New upper serenity count 5 on one side, 10 on the other. 4 in one hot tub, 2 in the other.

They do have about 20 serenity colored loungers on the lower deck port side but before you get to the playground but I don’t know if I’d call it serenity with you dodging ping pong balls all day.

33 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yesterday I figured out how to grab the nice pdf version of the fun times. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back to Sunday and get that one. 

I’ll start doing a screen shot of that pdf so it’s here visually and uploading the full version to my google drive and providing a download link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKBPUgVlc5mHg8lL3xpRf-MfaE3H2HcM/view?usp=drivesdk

8372693C-B30A-45B9-A5F1-58D06D807944.jpeg

4340B184-6196-4776-8FCD-05F902C4E906.jpeg

Perfect

15 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Isn't the back of the ship on Lido deck covered??   On Valor that's where I went for my morning coffee and quiet.   Nothing like watching the wake!!!

I happen to have that from when it was raining

EB455B7E-BE7F-44D6-8A7E-613E75FA5EA5.jpeg

I went through another 20min period where I couldn’t access the CC message boards. When that happens I can get to the main page but not the boards. 

Here are some speed test results from Glory, Vista and Dream. I think the Glory numbers are inflated though. 

7A27AF77-C042-4298-B09C-BC6F4FF9D784.jpeg

AE7A13DA-BA33-4B60-8E0E-DADC3C44E63B.jpeg

During the outage I had another spicy Bloody Mary from Christina in the atrium. She seems really familiar. She said she was on Breeze and Freedom the last two years and I was on Breeze and Freedom in the last two years so I’m sure that’s it. 

Before Galveston and New Orleans she was in Miami so  she was preparing me for a “different crowd” on my future Florida cruises. 

453081B7-D614-4EA4-B5FB-D28EF418D05A.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

37 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Isn't the back of the ship on Lido deck covered??   On Valor that's where I went for my morning coffee and quiet.   Nothing like watching the wake!!!

I enjoy a good wake...from a ship not a dead person. But it seems like it’s usually loungers and a lot of people....lounging back there. I need a chair with a table or a bar or something. I’m not looking to lay down and drink coffee.  l’ll check it out though.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I enjoy a good wake...from a ship not a dead person. But it seems like it’s usually loungers and a lot of people....lounging back there l’ll check it out.

Well I guess I was out there before the crowd, but still never seemed too bad.   Went past the pool and hot tubs and could usually find a table along the back glass!!

4 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Well I guess I was out there before the crowd, but still never seemed too bad.   Went past the pool and hot tubs and could usually find a table along the back glass!!

I got you. I think I’m thinking of deck 10 with the loungers.

Edited by Saint Greg

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I don’t even know where it is. Haven’t heard anything about it. Weather has been great other than the embarkation day rain.

That's great!!!   It's well east of you, but you know how those nasty little tendrils seem to reach out and grab you.   Hope it stays away

39 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

That is a good spot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s nice of them but I wouldn’t touch that if it was the last food on the ship. Are they going to throw this away? Or give it to someone else? I don’t know. That’s why I can’t do it. I’m about to go to dinner anyway. Oh crap. I gotta go now.

55392920-404C-4815-A20E-012A6F60BA41.jpeg

It's just for you and safe to eat! 🙂 No grubby hands involved!