Booking excursions

It just came in on my email. If you are not able to get it, I could send it to you somehow.

Not sure if I can put it on this board but maybe send it by email. However, if you call Regent directly they should be able to send you the PDF by email.

Snorkle

SantaFe, you have three choices, have your TA send it to you, call Regent and have them send it to you, or go to the RSSC website go to this cruise, click on Free Excursions, select a port other than the first of last port, click on "email all available shore excursions" and enter your email address

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

So glad, the Alhambra is so very worthwhile.  As is Granada.

Yes, well they put it up as an offering,  but it was not available to book.  I went on immediately at opening, and went right to the Alhambra trip.  They said it was not available for this time slot, which was the only one.  I don’t think it is going to be available for a few months.  We were told that cruise ships were now  not given many, or sometimes any, Alhambra tickets and not until 2-3 months before.  

In the meantime, four couples on this trip have reserved a private tour to the Alhambra.  We need one more couple to make it work, so if there is anyone out there who is interested, you can find out all about it on the roll call for this trip, Barcelona to Lisbon, April 27.

4 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yes, well they put it up as an offering,  but it was not available to book.  I went on immediately at opening, and went right to the Alhambra trip.  They said it was not available for this time slot, which was the only one.  I don’t think it is going to be available for a few months.  We were told that cruise ships were now  not given many, or sometimes any, Alhambra tickets and not until 2-3 months before.  

In the meantime, four couples on this trip have reserved a private tour to the Alhambra.  We need one more couple to make it work, so if there is anyone out there who is interested, you can find out all about it on the roll call for this trip, Barcelona to Lisbon, April 27.

3 minutes ago, MadMarine said:

Yeh, except it is closed already.  Logged in 15min after opening for booking.  No go.  Sigh.

Hope it works out.  Private sounds great.  Just pay attention to the details--can the guide come into the Alhambra with you, can he drive into the old city of Granada, and can the tour get back to the ship in plenty of time?

5 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Hope it works out.  Private sounds great.  Just pay attention to the details--can the guide come into the Alhambra with you, can he drive into the old city of Granada, and can the tour get back to the ship in plenty of time?

Ok, Mad and SantaFe 1 let’s try to help each other out. Please post on CC if you are able to see the excursions tomorrow. We all consider our time valuable so I really do not

want to sit in front of my computer all day checking to see if Regent has made the big 

reveal. Of course I will do the same. I do not think that 

Just now, snorkle lover said:

Agree Wendy particularly about getting back to the ship on time, very important!

The ship is in port 8-8, so, 12 hours.  The tour is 8:30-3:30.  So I’m not too worried.  My husband hates big bus tours, so we’ve done a lot of these and never had any problem.

19 minutes ago, MadMarine said:

Yeh, except it is closed already.  Logged in 15min after opening for booking.  No go.  Sigh.

In Regent website lingo, an indication that an excursion is sold out means that the excursion is truly sold out or that it is not yet available for booking. I’d call Regent to get the true status of the excursion.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

7 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

In Regent website lingo, an indication that an excursion is sold out means that the excursion is truly sold out or that it is not yet available for booking. I’d call Regent to get the true status of the excursion.

Dave

Another on our roll call got this response from Regent:

Our excursions to experience the Alhambra will be only open to waitlist due to the restrictions imposed upon the cruise lines for Alhambra tickets. We will not receive confirmation until 2-3 months prior to sailing and there might be a possibility we will not receive any.

Dave, you are correct, it is not that it is sold-out already, they haven't released any seats yet. To the best of my knowledge they won't be accumulating a wait list until destination services knows how many seats will be available and opens up booking.

33 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Dave

Good information (as usual).  I'm wondering if the restrictions being put on Alhambra has to do with "over tourism"?  I saw a program this week that showed so many tourists at the Acropolis that people could not walk.  We will likely be seeing more restrictions in the future.

10 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Just curious then SantaFe and Mad do you plan on calling Regent to be put on the wait  list for Alhambra or just plan on doing the private tour??

I called the person I use at Regent.  She is out until Wednesday for the long weekend.  The random agents I talked to yesterday don’t seem to know anything much about particular excursions.  I might try again next week.  But I don’t think we can count on. Regent excursion. I want to round up two more for our small tour.

5 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Good information (as usual).  I'm wondering if the restrictions being put on Alhambra has to do with "over tourism"?  I saw a program this week that showed so many tourists at the Acropolis that people could not walk.  We will likely be seeing more restrictions in the future.

I think that’s exactly it!

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

The Alhambras has had limited, time-sensitive tickets for years (I was last there in 2006), so this may be totally normal.

I'd splurge and go private, if it was me.

This has not been our experience.  We booked and cancelled this tour four times.  Each time we booked when excursions opened.  The issues seem to have happened this year or perhaps last year as well.  Not sure what was going on in 2006 but, as you know, excursions were not included at that time (and I understand that Alhambra has a cost).  In fact, almost everything was different in 2006.

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

This has not been our experience.  We booked and cancelled this tour four times.  Each time we booked when excursions opened.  The issues seem to have happened this year or perhaps last year as well.  Not sure what was going on in 2006 but, as you know, excursions were not included at that time (and I understand that Alhambra has a cost).  In fact, almost everything was different in 2006.

I'm talking about the Alhambra site, not Regent.  In 2006 they had timed entry, pre-purchasing was the norm.  That was all I was saying.