Take real passport to ports?

Flounder8

I have a reduced, laminated copy that I take into ports, leaving my passport in my safe. You really have no need for a passport on shore, and if someone would steal it, well . . . . I just take the copy so that I feel better. Also, we snorkel and I wouldn't want it to get wet! No one takes their birth certificate on shore with them.

Everyone must do what they feel comfortable with.

I wonder if it matter which ports a ship sails to.

This will be our fourth cruise coming up. We only take our SeaPass cards and occasionally our driver's licences with us. Everything else stays in the safe.

Stargate, as far as I remember, Nassau was the only port where we had to show our driver's licenses and our ship's ID to get back onto the pier. Guess they wanted to be sure it was really us who was using the ID.

I worry that you may lose it in port and will run into trouble once you return from your cruise and have to clear customs. I am sure that if a particular port requires something more than your seapass, than your daily compass will forwarn you. Just pay attention to the front of each days' Compass and you should be fine!!

I take the real thing. Along with all of my credit cards, DL, and entire wallet, which is stashed in a Nine West back-pack purse, which has no access to the opening, without getting it off my back.:)

I suppose someone could cut it off me, but not before I break their arm....;) :D

I like to have everything with me....oh, and my cash as well....

Archived