OBC

dkitty

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

If you are in the same cabin and on the same folio then there is no differentiation between who is given what and who spends what.   Just like a joint bank account.

Is this true if you are pre-booking excursions prior to embarkation?  I have more OBC than wife due to shareholder and veteran benefits and when I pre-booked excursion, I had to charge hers to a credit card.

You have to call if you want to spend some of your own OBC for your wife's excursions. Otherwise, if you have already paid for her excursions you can use your excess for onboard charges such as the daily charge or specialty restaurants, etc.

13 minutes ago, royal65 said:

Is this true if you are pre-booking excursions prior to embarkation?  I have more OBC than wife due to shareholder and veteran benefits and when I pre-booked excursion, I had to charge hers to a credit card.

Pre-boking of excursions, etc. is a little different. If my wife doesn't have enough OBC in her account, I can call Princess customer service and have them use my OBC instead. Once on board it doesn't matter.

When booking and paying for Shore Excursions on Princess what they usually do for us, as we book the same shorex for both of us, is to tally the whole bill, take off any OBC we have and then we just charge whatever is left to one Credit Card.   We never book shorex as individuals.

I will get a preliminary bill print out from customer service or the printout kiosk to see in print what OBC our cabin has.  We use the same cc and the print out has OBC  under my name and OBC under DH's name.

Later in the cruise I will get another bill printout for an update as to how much has been deducted from the OBC and what remains unspent or what charges to be posted on the cc.  Of course the final bill will also show the "merging " of  both accounts and the deduction of the OBCs.     

7 hours ago, casofilia said:

When booking and paying for Shore Excursions on Princess what they usually do for us, as we book the same shorex for both of us, is to tally the whole bill, take off any OBC we have and then we just charge whatever is left to one Credit Card.   We never book shorex as individuals.

Are you referring to pre-cruise booking of excursions or booking once you are onboard?

Our experience with pre-cruise booking over the Internet is that you sign in as one person, can book excursions for both people, and only OBC for the person who signed in is used. The only way to use OBC from both accounts is to call instead of using the Internet.

• Like 1