Advice needed for Christmas cruise on the Dream

Hi looking at sailing on the Dream leaving on Christmas Day from Edinburgh. Fight coming back is at 6.35 in the evening. We would dock at 8am. What time would we need to be out of our cabin by and does anyone know what time pick up would be for transfer to the airport or is there a excursion that marella does on embarkation day prior to taking you to the airport? 

Thanks in advance 

Thank you to everyone who viewed and I know it was a difficult one to answer. Just in case anyone needs the answer. 

I called Marella who has advised me that

1)We will have to leave the ship after breakfast (knew that already lol)

2) Our transfer to the airport will be 3/4 hours prior to our flight. 

So therefor we have a couple of options 

1) Take excursion that will bring us back to port for bus transfer to airport. 

2) Go out and explore ourselfs and to be back at port in time for pickup 

where our luggage will be safely stored for the day. 

HAPPY CRUISING 

Thanks Sheila that then give us an other option if the weather is good then stay on board with a change of clothes and enjoy the hospitality and sundeck of the lovely Dream, never thought of that one as always had an early flight back home. 

47 minutes ago, Scot born said:

Thanks Sheila that then give us an other option if the weather is good then stay on board with a change of clothes and enjoy the hospitality and sundeck of the lovely Dream, never thought of that one as always had an early flight back home. 

Hi Scot born.

Its worth knowing that a few cabins are available (at a cost of course) to use on the day of embarkation but you need to get your application in at reception as soon as because they are snapped up. Also they allocate a couple of cabins free of charge so you can freshen up before you leave the ship,  I believe these have to be booked in advance but as we have never used this service perhaps another contributor on here could let you know the procedure.

keep well.

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

They do have a curtisy cabin for a shower etc prior to leaving the ship. 👍

Thank you good to know.

1 hour ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Scot born.

Its worth knowing that a few cabins are available (at a cost of course) to use on the day of embarkation but you need to get your application in at reception as soon as because they are snapped up. Also they allocate a couple of cabins free of charge so you can freshen up before you leave the ship,  I believe these have to be booked in advance but as we have never used this service perhaps another contributor on here could let you know the procedure.

keep well.

I knew this could be done on land base holidays but not on cruise ships thank you. Worth knowing. 

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

They do have a curtisy cabin for a shower etc prior to leaving the ship. 👍

We must have posted at the same time PC

Reads like an echo😂

Edited by Brummijam

4 hours ago, Scot born said:

Thank you to everyone who viewed and I know it was a difficult one to answer. Just in case anyone needs the answer. 

I called Marella who has advised me that

1)We will have to leave the ship after breakfast (knew that already lol)

2) Our transfer to the airport will be 3/4 hours prior to our flight. 

So therefor we have a couple of options 

1) Take excursion that will bring us back to port for bus transfer to airport. 

2) Go out and explore ourselfs and to be back at port in time for pickup 

where our luggage will be safely stored for the day. 

HAPPY CRUISING 

I think you have misunderstood what happens.  You will have to leave your room quite early on but you stay onboard the ship until your transfer.  

There is no requirement to leave the ship then come back for your transfer to the airport.

3 hours ago, Scot born said:

I see some had answered you already, but yes, thats what we did.  We stayed on the ship and availed of the hospitality on board for breakfast, cocktails, lunch, afternoon tea, then departed 🙂

Normally with land based package holidays the likes of tui want you at the airport about 2.5hrs before flight time, that means getting to the airport about 4pm. Take off that the time it takes to get there from wherever you are docking I'm assuming a minimum of 1 hr that's 3pm. You have to leave the ship and go through whatever process they do, it doesn't leave a huge amount of time realistically. The one and only cruise I have done had a early flight back so it wasn't an issue.