La Mer and Winemakers Dinners

weluvafrica

20 minutes ago, weluvafrica said:

Also any one try Winemakers special Dinner. Thank you 

Whenever I’m on a Royal-class ship I enjoy the great Winemakers Dinner ($40) in a Wine Cellar in one of the anytime dining rooms.   Like the Chef‘s Table ($115 for the Lumiere version on the Royal-class ships) participation (12) is very limited so call the DINE line ASAP if interested.  It’s one of my favorite Princess dining experiences with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner being the other one.

AE76BE88-8506-4BCF-AB7E-9A1D61B4F5FE.jpeg

D5DDA513-7003-44BA-86A5-3E6E4A2F6C6F.jpeg

247FD3A8-E9AD-4EC1-9C9F-5FD00C81B9DE.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

I am also a fan of the WM Dinner.  It is offered on the Majestic.  We were on her in Feb, but I cancelled the res as my wife did not want to go and I didn't want to go alone. 

As for La Mer, IDK about lunch (suspect not as it is a specialty restaurant for dinner), but we did try it on a 2-for-1 coupon deal and we were not impressed.  Limited menu choices and as I recall a bit odd some of them for us.  Not very inspiring and not sure if I would try it again.  I would want to study the menu carefully first and hope to have a 2-for-1.  Even though $25, I'd rather spend $29 and go to CG.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

As for La Mer, IDK about lunch (suspect not as it is a specialty restaurant for dinner), but we did try it on a 2-for-1 coupon deal and we were not impressed.  Limited menu choices and as I recall a bit odd some of them for us.  Not very inspiring and not sure if I would try it again.  I would want to study the menu carefully first and hope to have a 2-for-1.  Even though $25, I'd rather spend $29 and go to CG.

What’s your opinion about La Mer’s location?

Friends didn’t like the menu nor the location next to the walking area at the top of the Piazza which can be noisy.  The price I’m currently seeing for the Sky is $35 but the menu shows $29 which as I recall is a newer menu.  We like to try new food but not finding enough on the menu for us.

If the information on their current dining list is accurate, La Mer shows open for a $12 lunch.

La Mer French Bistro:  Majestic, Sky

7:30am–9:30am Complimentary Breakfast charges apply for specialty coffees
11:30am–1:30pm
6:00pm–10:00pm

Breakfast–No charge

Lunch–$12 per person

Dinner–$35 per person

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

38 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

What’s your opinion about La Mer’s location?

Friends didn’t like the menu nor the location next to the walking area at the top of the Piazza which can be noisy.  The price I’m currently seeing for the Sky is $35 but the menu shows $29 which as I recall is a newer menu.  We like to try new food but not finding enough on the menu for us.

If the information on their current dining list is accurate, La Mer shows open for a $12 lunch.

La Mer French Bistro:  Majestic, Sky

7:30am–9:30am Complimentary Breakfast charges apply for specialty coffees
11:30am–1:30pm
6:00pm–10:00pm

Breakfast–No charge

Lunch–$12 per person

Dinner–$35 per person

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

I must be getting older....  I do not recall seeing a lunch promotion for La Mer on Majestic, but I cannot say for certain they did not.  So, they may well have.  Neither did we go by there at breakfast time.

I realize the default currency for Princess is USD, but wonder if that chart is quoting AUD since that is the market it is in?  All of the Specialty Restaurants on our NZ cruise were priced in AUD of course.  Crown Grill was forty-something as I recall instead of $29.  (I just looked for my final folio with charges and don't seem to have it).

I am not not sure of what we paid, but even though it was 2-for-1, I don't recall it being based on $35 US.  But I could be wrong.  I am just thinking we would not have tried it that way (or perhaps we did since 50% off???).

After checking the PDF link closely, it seems unlikely the price for La Mer is in AUD. 

ETA - La Mer was most probably not based on $25 USD.  I think I am mixed up with Sabi's Trattoria which is/was still $25.

Edited by steelers36