NYC Manhattan Cruise Terminal Repairs

Lovefuninthesun

Have read on multiple sites about construction at the Manhattan Cruise Port, and the resulting closure of one of the terminals, thus moving departures to the Brooklyn port.
I have not read what the expected ETA is for reopening in Manhattan -- does anyone have reliable intel?
We are due to sail out of Manhattan for a TA cruise next June; so plenty of time, but just interested if we, too, will be relocated.
Thanks in advance.

Time will tell, but New York does not have the best track record for on time completion of projects. Nor do they have a good record for timely starts to projects, which might account for the relatively short notice given to the cruises affected. I have seen projects where construction equipment was purchased, then stored at the manufacturer's yard for months waiting startup, only to see congradutory press accounts of how 'on time' the delayed project was. I remember one project where the startup was delayed an entire construction season, after equipment was purchased, only to then have to rebid the labor. I believe the delay was caused by political fighting over naming, which led to permits being held up from being issued. Talk about cost overruns. Taxpayers paid however. Prime contractor had to pay for equipment storage for over a year while waiting.