Spectrum of the Seas and Diamond Plus

I seem to be getting conflicting information.  I am thinking of taking a cruise on Spectrum of the Seas next March  (in and out of Shanghai doing Japan).  I called Crown and Anchor and got 3 different answers to the same question....  Where is the Diamond Plus Lounge Equivalent and are there any dining benefits?

Answer 1:  Gold Lounge, No dining benefits

Answer 2:  Silver Lounge and you can eat dinner at the silver restaurant (formerly Solarium Bistro)

Answer 3:  Silver Lounge, NO dining benefits.

Does anyone know for sure?

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, jegoodman said:

I seem to be getting conflicting information.  I am thinking of taking a cruise on Spectrum of the Seas next March  (in and out of Shanghai doing Japan).  I called Crown and Anchor and got 3 different answers to the same question....  Where is the Diamond Plus Lounge Equivalent and are there any dining benefits?

Answer 1:  Gold Lounge, No dining benefits

Answer 2:  Silver Lounge and you can eat dinner at the silver restaurant (formerly Solarium Bistro)

Answer 3:  Silver Lounge, NO dining benefits.

Does anyone know for sure?

For starters, if the ship had a diamond lounge, you would be the only person in it.  This is not the kind of ship, where you should be worried about such things.  The ship has a different design, and the Golden and Silver lounges are for suite guests.  The 2 diamond guests on the ship (guessing you are traveling with someone) will be given access to the Silver dining area and you passkey will open the doors to the private suite areas.  I might warn you, this is not a really big "benefit" on this ship.  No one will know what Diamond means on this ship.  Half the crew might not even know what it means.  But you will get your free drinks, discounts etc. 

When you call to ask questions, this ship is not managed by the regular call centers.  The policies on the ship, will follow certain rules and laws that have been worked out between the partnership with China, which all foreign business must do.  Pricing structures and atmosphere is different.  Food is different.  Entertainment is different.  This is one of the most unique and best cruises to go on, but you will not get answers by calling.  Call centers do not know what happens in China because it is different. 

Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle use the Silver Lounge.   

Those in JS  can also use the Silver Lounge.   

The SL is a whole area of lounge and dining room and access to solarium - access is via your key card only.  Breakfast and lunch and evening drinks served there.  I think you can have dinner there too?

Originally there was no DL on Spectrum but recent reports say they have allocated a facility - perhaps D guests are higher in volume than they expected?  It is opposite the art gallery.

Suites use the Gold lounge and also have access to the solarium

Edited by little britain

On 8/30/2019 at 7:07 PM, little britain said:

Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle use the Silver Lounge.   

Those in JS  can also use the Silver Lounge.   

The SL is a whole area of lounge and dining room and access to solarium - access is via your key card only.  Breakfast and lunch and evening drinks served there.  I think you can have dinner there too?

Originally there was no DL on Spectrum but recent reports say they have allocated a facility - perhaps D guests are higher in volume than they expected?  It is opposite the art gallery.

Suites use the Gold lounge and also have access to the solarium

There is no art gallery on Spectrum.😊

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I only report what recent cruisers say.... " I was just on Spectrum in June and the Diamond Lounge is downstairs .... look opposite the art gallery. It is cosy :)"

I honestly can’t think where they mean - unless one has been added since I was on in April - but nothing shows on the deck plans 😊