WARNING for NON-US cruisers on Alaskan cruises

darksideofpink

Disney cruise lines seems to currently have issues with correctly registering their NON-US guests have left the US. I'm trying to determine if this is a CBP/cruise related issue or just an issue of DCL. Besides us knowing, it's also better for yourself to be aware you haven't left the country properly, so you won't have an issue to return some time in the future.

So far we are aware of it happening on a East Bound Transatlantic (leaving from the US) and on two Alaskan cruises (round trip Vancouver).

So I want to send out a warning to all NON-US cruisers who disembark in a NON-US port (and fly home without entering the US again), please check the status of your I94 visa!
This is the visa you'll get at the border if you enter with an ESTA and it'll be valid for 90 days after entry. If you're lucky you'll get an email 80 days in stating you only have 10 days left to leave, but why wait for this warning, which may never come, when you can quickly and easily check your status on line after you got home?

You can check your status here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
There are two indicators, for both of which you'll have to log in with your passport details. First is the Compliance, this shouldn't have a number after "Days Left to Leave the Country: " (so it should be N/A). Next is the travel history, make sure your departure is present.

If people have the issue, I can supply a how-to to get your departure correctly registered.