I have a "quest"ion

Don't ruin it for yourself by trying to find out before you go... JUST GO! It's a LOT of fun, and once you experience it for the first time you'll understand why no one tells first timers... It's REALLY a lot more fun when you go in the first time without a clue. ;)

It's just a lot of FUN!!! Do NOT miss it, it's the most fun you'll have all week! :)

I'm just wondering cause I don't remember seeing it on the Compass schedule when we were on the Grandeur last summer.

Does the Empress offer it? Hope so cause I want to know what all you Quest vets are talking about! :)

I will give you a little help, but not enough to ruin the fun.

It's an adult scavenger hunt for items, clothing, and sometimes silly acting people.

I brought my son who is 14. He is mature enough to see brief nudity (if it happens). He got bored about 10 minutes into it and went back to the room to go to bed.

Once we saw a couple in their 60-70's strip (almost) naked for no apparent reason during the quest. It had nothing to do with the quest at the time so it was quite funny. The had western attire on...cowboy boots and all.

The quest is fun to watch but you will have more fun if you play. No one embarasses you, you embarass yourself :)

It is usually held around 10:00-10:30 at night mid week. It is up to the cruise director as to if it is played on your ship. If you want to make sure it is played, beg the cruise director at the begining of the cruise :)

Bobbie

Please tell me what is so hard for parents about understanding "adults only"? I don't care how mature you think your young teen is. Quest is listed as for adults only. Period. Bringing a young teen is certainly bound to influence how the adults "play" the game. Others have reported that when parents bring their children, the adults are definitely inhibited and find that they censor their talk and behavior. It's a natural reaction that most adults have when children are present. Why should adults be forced to deal with children at an activity that is supposed to be adult-oriented?

Please respect the "adults only" nature of the game.

And to the OP, no it's not X-rated, but it's geared toward adult themes and can be rather "racy." It is not family entertainment in the sense that I believe you are asking.

beachchick

Hmmm...sounds like a "must do" actiivity! Thanks for the heads up on the "adults only" appropriateness, on Princess I felt they should have put a little warning on some of the activities for us more "naive" (sp) people. I once took my daughter (at 9) to a belly flop contest, made for some interesting dinner conversation!

IMO:

The quest is NOT listed as adults only. They tell you ahead of time that it is not suitable for everyone.... even some OLD people. They caution you(not force you) to take YOUNG children out. My son is in high school. I am not worried about him seeing a breast for goodness sake.

The game isn't that raunchy that I worry about how my having my high schooler in the room could stop someone from having fun. It isn't an orgy. It's a GAME. I will not hesitate to bring him again if he wants to go, unless RCCL puts an age limit on the game that is :) I will follow the rules, if they exist.

Sorry for the strong post, but I hate when people try and tell people what they can and can't do with their own kids on their cruise. I am the parent. I know what to expect and I make informed decisions regarding my kids.

What is this "Quest" you speak of?

If you need to know more details, please post an e-mail and I'll give you a better more complete description. There are people on both sides of this issue, not knowing makes in more fun and knowing makes it more fun. You decide which camp you are in, and if you need to know I'll send you an e-mail with a more detailed description.

I don't know what Quest you went to, but there sure weren't any breasts bared at ours!

Depends on the crowd :) I don't want to give away some of the "quests" by going into detail. But so far that is the worst I have seen in 10 quests.

Although there is no mention of age limit the Cruise Compass decribes it the following way on my Compass from the Radiance earlier this month":

"THE QUEST (ADULT GAME)

Join your Cruise Director Marc.

It's carzy, it's hilarious, it's the wildest Adult

Game on the high seas.

10:45 pm - 11:30 pm

Colony Club, Deck 6"

So it would seem that Royal Caribben is depending on parental judgement for attendance decisions, however, teams are made up of adults only.

Okay..but sheesh we booked a Christmas cruise! The suspense is going to kill me!

One question is it suitable for family entertainment?

I asked this same question a few months ago and boy did it spark a lot of anger! Like you I was just curious. What I did find out and am willing to share is that it is NOT a family activity and that children should be in AO for the evening while you enjoy.

Happy Cruising

Although there is no mention of age limit the Cruise Compass decribes it the following way on my Compass from the Radiance earlier this month":

"THE QUEST (ADULT GAME)

Join your Cruise Director Marc.

It's carzy, it's hilarious, it's the wildest Adult

Game on the high seas.

10:45 pm - 11:30 pm

Colony Club, Deck 6"

So it would seem that Royal Caribben is depending on parental judgement for attendance decisions, however, teams are made up of adults only.

I disagree. They say "adult game" twice--once in the title and once in the description. This means it's an adult game. There is nowhere listed for "parental discretion advised" or anything--simply ADULT game.

beachchick

I agree with Beachchick. The game is for adults only. RCI says it. It is very clear. And the last time I checked an adult is 18 and over. On my last few Monarch cruises they even had someone at the door checking SeaPass cards to verify ages.

Archived