Cococay beach loungers, etc.

Can those beach loungers (the ones with the "clamshell") be reserved ahead of time online or is it just when you get to the beach?  I can't find any info on them when logged onto RCI and am looking at my upcoming cruise.  Also, which part(s) of the island are these loungers available on?

Are there any beach areas in which there are more regular/upright chairs mixed with loungers, preferably semi-shaded?  I know some cabanas have them, but they are too expensive for us for our cruise. My mom is a bit older and does not like the lounger chairs.  She prefers sitting up.

1 hour ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Can those beach loungers (the ones with the "clamshell") be reserved ahead of time online or is it just when you get to the beach?  I can't find any info on them when logged onto RCI and am looking at my upcoming cruise.  Also, which part(s) of the island are these loungers available on?

Are there any beach areas in which there are more regular/upright chairs mixed with loungers, preferably semi-shaded?  I know some cabanas have them, but they are too expensive for us for our cruise. My mom is a bit older and does not like the lounger chairs.  She prefers sitting up.

Clamshells are on South Beach and I think you can reserve them in the Cruise Planner.  Not positive since we don't do that,  but I think you can.

Other than in the restaurants/bars, not sure I have seen regular upright chairs on the beach.  All I have ever seen is loungers.  You could maybe grab one of the beach wheelchairs for her to sit in.  Tons of shade either with umbrellas which are all over and/or trees.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Clamshells are on South Beach and I think you can reserve them in the Cruise Planner.  Not positive since we don't do that,  but I think you can.

Other than in the restaurants/bars, not sure I have seen regular upright chairs on the beach.  All I have ever seen is loungers.  You could maybe grab one of the beach wheelchairs for her to sit in.  Tons of shade either with umbrellas which are all over and/or trees.

Thanks. I didn't see them in the cruise planner, but then again, I'm still getting used to the look of the website.

• 2 weeks later...

According to an RCI agent I contacted, there are "chairs" on the beaches.  I have not seen any pics of them, so not sure if this info is correct.  Maybe I can drag a chair over if need be.  Also, the agent told me that some things are just not on the inventory list yet, but keep checking.  Again, not sure how correct this is.  Sometimes I think agents just want to get info out there, correct or not.  I feel like people here tend to know more.