Visiting Burj Khalifa, Dubai

jmlh

We are visiting Dubai in early December and, of course, want to visit Burj Khalifa.  We are trying to decide on one of the following options:

-tea at At.mosphere @3pm

-going to level 148 @5pm

-bubbly sunset @ levels 152-54 @ 5:30

Would love to hear from others who have done any of these options and how you enjoyed the experience.  These are not inexpensive excursions so want to make the best decision.  Many thanks for any and all opinions.

17 hours ago, jmlh said:

We are visiting Dubai in early December and, of course, want to visit Burj Khalifa.  We are trying to decide on one of the following options:

-tea at At.mosphere @3pm

-going to level 148 @5pm

-bubbly sunset @ levels 152-54 @ 5:30

Would love to hear from others who have done any of these options and how you enjoyed the experience.  These are not inexpensive excursions so want to make the best decision.  Many thanks for any and all opinions.

It really depends why you are visiting.  Is it for a special occasion, a treat or just a visit to see the view over Dubai from ‘up there’.   Just for the view there really is no difference between them as once you are 124 floors up (the regular viewing level), the view from another 20/30 levels up is no different.  The 148th viewing level is less crowded and without the big souvenir store and photographers on the 124th level and has a lounge where you get a tea/coffee and cake but that’s about it.  Afternoon tea at At.mosphere is a treat and I would recommend over Burj al Arab as it kills two birds with one stone - you get a very nice afternoon tea experience plus a much better view over Dubai than from the Burj al Arab as you are more central.  I would only recommend the bubbly sunset on the 152/154 level for a celebration event.. Also, considering the cost of these options, another consideration is the weather -  I’ve been up 3 times now and only once was it a really clear day with endless views, on the other two occasions it was hazy and dusty without the clear views...  

Anne...

• Thanks 1

Anne, thanks for your input - it is really appreciated.  I will take your advise and book the At.mosphere tea as it sounds great.  Will just have to take our chances with the weather. We are visiting Dubai for the first time at the end of a cruise so no other special occasion.   We are really looking forward to seeing this part of the world and I am trying to get organized.

Thanks again.

Jan

33 minutes ago, jmlh said:

Anne, thanks for your input - it is really appreciated.  I will take your advise and book the At.mosphere tea as it sounds great.  Will just have to take our chances with the weather. We are visiting Dubai for the first time at the end of a cruise so no other special occasion.   We are really looking forward to seeing this part of the world and I am trying to get organized.

Thanks again.

Jan

Jan, we are also staying in Dubai at the end of our Seabourn cruise in early December... my friends tell me that there is little difference in doing "At the Top" versus going all the way up...they do say to get a skip-the-line ticket in advance...also recommend a Groupon for a reasonable price (which you can get 30 days or less out).  

We did the 'normal' trip to floor 124 & 125 last Christmas. Be prepared to queue and for people to push in the line (which got my wife really irate!). I think our 'trip' time was 1430 and we got there about 1330 to join the already long queue. There is also not a lot of organisation (in my opinion). So after having tickets checked (by the way, if you get your tickets through an agency...groupon or something, go and get them a day earlier. You can just walk up to the desks using the 'exit' line on the right hand side; no need to join the mega queue), through the security scanner and walking/queuing along corridors, after 90 mins we got to the lifts! About 90 secs up the lift (the left hand one takes you to 125, the other two to 124), we got out of the lift and it was crowded. Managed to get some photos, but as Anne says, it can be (and was) very hazy. Couldn't see the palm, Burj al Arab or even the QE2 (which is only 5 miles away). When going down, the line for the lifts on 124 goes quicker. There is a 'fast track' queue and there was actually someone checking peoples tickets to stop them jumping in, as the queue was nearly an hour!

I wouldn't do it again, but I suppose I can say I've been there, but be prepared for a long wait...unless you pay extra to jump the queue.

Simon

28 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

We did the 'normal' trip to floor 124 & 125 last Christmas. Be prepared to queue and for people to push in the line (which got my wife really irate!). I think our 'trip' time was 1430 and we got there about 1330 to join the already long queue. There is also not a lot of organisation (in my opinion). So after having tickets checked (by the way, if you get your tickets through an agency...groupon or something, go and get them a day earlier. You can just walk up to the desks using the 'exit' line on the right hand side; no need to join the mega queue), through the security scanner and walking/queuing along corridors, after 90 mins we got to the lifts! About 90 secs up the lift (the left hand one takes you to 125, the other two to 124), we got out of the lift and it was crowded. Managed to get some photos, but as Anne says, it can be (and was) very hazy. Couldn't see the palm, Burj al Arab or even the QE2 (which is only 5 miles away). When going down, the line for the lifts on 124 goes quicker. There is a 'fast track' queue and there was actually someone checking peoples tickets to stop them jumping in, as the queue was nearly an hour!

I wouldn't do it again, but I suppose I can say I've been there, but be prepared for a long wait...unless you pay extra to jump the queue.

Simon

Simon

All valid points which is why I always book and collect tickets in advance when I have friends visiting who want to go up, and each trip so far I've been very fortunate in getting to the lifts fairly quickly.  Plus, it's another reason to treat yourself to the At.mosphere afternoon tea, at least if it's a hazy day, you get to see whatever view there is plus enjoy a nice afternoon tea without having to queue!!! :classic_smile:

Anne..

16 hours ago, jmlh said:

Tea @ At.mosphere is booked.  Thanks to all for your responses - made my decision much easier!

Jan

Jan,

I'm sure you will enjoy it - fingers crossed that it is a nice clear day too...

Anne

• 2 weeks later...