Princess Excursion Grand Etang Park and Seven Sisters Waterfall Hike

BeinKc

I am considering this excursion in Grenada on our February 2020 cruise.  Can anyone who has done this advise how difficult this is?  Princess notes on this indicate that you need to be in "excellent physical condition".   Also, they note that hiking boots or sturdy shoes are needed.   I'm wondering if a pair of the closed toe Keen Sandals would be sufficient for this trek.

I have taken this tour twice. My wife and I are in excellent shape and I do a lot of hiking. Only you can determine your overall condition.  That said ...I would not wear sandals..even the Keens with a closed toe.  I don't think you need a hiking boot but you will need some support for your feet and ankles.  Just my thoughts on this.  Have a good time.:classic_smile:  

BeinKc  I forgot to add that the trail down is a little steep in places and tends to be wet and slippery with loose material. When you get to the bottom the pool is very pretty and you can have a refreshing swim. Tried edit the first post but the machine said no. Enjoy

1 hour ago, sunnytag said:

I have taken this tour twice. My wife and I are in excellent shape and I do a lot of hiking. Only you can determine your overall condition.  That said ...I would not wear sandals..even the Keens with a closed toe.  I don't think you need a hiking boot but you will need some support for your feet and ankles.  Just my thoughts on this.  Have a good time.:classic_smile:  

Thank you

Have taken this excursion and wore Teva closed toe water shoes. They worked fine, you just have to watch where you step. So many complained about how hard the hike was....they apparently did not read the description closely. Quite a few turned back, mad at Princess. I did not feel sorry for them. The falls are worth the effort to get there so enjoy!

21 hours ago, prissy said:

Have taken this excursion and wore Teva closed toe water shoes. They worked fine, you just have to watch where you step. So many complained about how hard the hike was....they apparently did not read the description closely. Quite a few turned back, mad at Princess. I did not feel sorry for them. The falls are worth the effort to get there so enjoy!

Thank you,  I believe the Teva's and Keens are comparable.  I just didn't want to pack "hiking boots" if I didn't need to.