Real or Fake? - Christmas Trees That Is (Viking)

Spiiffy

Hi All! My best friend and I hope to do a Christmas Markets River cruise in 2021 with Viking. The problem is she is allergic to real Christmas trees. We are trying to figure out if the trees and garland on the ship are real or fake? Also, is it highly decorated - like garlands and trees everywhere?

Thanks!

I have been on Uniworld and Grand Circle. The trees and boughs were artificial. Inside the room there was a small arrangement with real pine and fruits, easily something that could be removed. The decorations go up in late November and have to look good all through the season so I’m sure artificial trees are much less work for the crew.

• Like 1

Dear @Spiiffy,

Great question! We have looked into this and are happy to confirm that the Christmas décor on board is synthetic, so guests with allergies need not worry.

We hope this helps as you and your loved ones begin planning your 2021 holiday travel, @Spiiffy and kindly welcome any and all pre-cruise inquiries at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. 

Warmest,
Viking Cruises

On 9/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, Spiiffy said:

Hi All! My best friend and I hope to do a Christmas Markets River cruise in 2021 with Viking. The problem is she is allergic to real Christmas trees. We are trying to figure out if the trees and garland on the ship are real or fake? Also, is it highly decorated - like garlands and trees everywhere?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1