Transfer from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem

PatriciaF

My travel agent assured me if we booked our own airfare, Viking would pick us up at the Tel Aviv Airport--which is true if you are flying in the same day as scheduled, but not before.

Any suggestions for a transfer?  Our flight doesn't land until 1100 PM or so.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, PatriciaF said:

My travel agent assured me if we booked our own airfare, Viking would pick us up at the Tel Aviv Airport--which is true if you are flying in the same day as scheduled, but not before.

Any suggestions for a transfer?  Our flight doesn't land until 1100 PM or so.

Thanks!

There is no need to book in advance or arrange a private transfer - you can simply take a taxi (ask for fixed price, not meter) as the airport taxis are regulated and very reliable.

Fare calculator here: http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports/bengurion/Pages/TaxiFareCalculator.aspx

You can also checked out a shared ride through Nesher Shuttle (although I would still recommend the taxi as there have been reports of rude Nesher drivers).

You can calculate the fare here:

Edited by dogs4fun

2 hours ago, PatriciaF said:

@dogs4fun Thank you.  Will the taxi drivers take a credit card?

All of our taxi drivers in Israel accepted our visa cc but I would recommend checking before you enter the taxi.  Israel is absolutely amazing - we spent 3 weeks and are planning another visit. Enjoy!

I neglected to mention - we had downloaded the GetTaxi app (https://gett.com/il/). When using this app you can definitely pay via credit card (we used the app for taxis all over Israel) and you will always be assured of a properly licensed professional . So, not sure if the taxi ranks at the airport can/will accept credit cards but you can always stop at one of the ATMs in the airport & get some shekels to cover your initial taxi ride.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, dogs4fun said:

I neglected to mention - we had downloaded the GetTaxi app (https://gett.com/il/). When using this app you can definitely pay via credit card (we used the app for taxis all over Israel) and you will always be assured of a properly licensed professional . So, not sure if the taxi ranks at the airport can/will accept credit cards but you can always stop at one of the ATMs in the airport & get some shekels to cover your initial taxi ride.

Definitely use the GETT app -- the prices are fixed and regulated WAY better than negotiating with cab drivers on the spot, especially for an expensive run into Jerusalem.