MSC Poesia - questions

LindsayC

We are sailing the MSC Poesia in November of this year for 13 days (first time MSC) in an Aurea Suite. I still have some questions maybe some of you experienced MSC cruisers can help me with.

- is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch every day? Also for lunch on embarkation day?

- is there a waiter at the top 16 solarium deck?

- I understand we don't get cruise cards at check in. So after you board you go straight to your cabin to collect them?

- towels to use at the swimming pool are found in your room? Is that one towel per person or can you request more?

- on a normal night can you wear jeans in the MDR?

- with the Aurea suite there is a massage included. Are there any massages you would recommend?

- does the Spa bar only has non alcoholic items?

Any other tips are more than welcome. Thank you very much in advance!

Lindsay (& Siegfried)

We haven't sailed on Poesia but based on other sailings;

-The MDR is open for lunch and breakfast. Can't advise on embarkation day.

-There's usually a waiter on the Aurea sundeck, not always, sometimes you do need to go to the bar.

-Your cruise cards will be in your cabin  but your cabin may not be ready when you board, it's usually around 1-2pm, so depends what time you're boarding. Your booking/check in documents will allow you to get drinks etc. You have 48 hours to register your CC against your cruise card so don't worry about doing immediately. Usually a selection of machines around the atrium area.

-The pool towels will be in your cabin, 1 each, we've never asked for extra. I'm sure you can try asking your cabin steward.

-Jeans will be acceptable in the MDR on normal nights.

-The spa bar does only serve non alcoholic drinks, I think! I don't recall the names of the massages I've had but have always enjoyed.