Brandi Stone, great tour guide for ship passengers

sparkle

Our family traveled on the Anthem of the Seas and were in Bermuda for 2 days.  The first day I had pre-arranged a tour with Ms. Brandi Stone and we were so glad we did.  I emailed her one evening 3 months in advance and she answered my email promptly.  She asked if we had any places in particular we wanted to see, but since we had never been to Bermuda before, we deferred to her experience.  Originally we thought we would have 2 teenagers, and asked her to take us to places that might interest them, but it ended up 6 adults going, and her clean, air conditioned van was very comfortable for all of us.  We saw all the main sights, The Gibbs Hill Lighthouse (declined to walk up), Somerset Bridge, Fort St. Catherine, St Peter's Church, and many beautiful beaches.  We stopped at Warwick Long Bay Beach for a quick run into the water.  It was NOT crowded, and the water was beautiful! She had towels and shower curtains for us to sit on, since we were all pretty wet.  At the end of the tour, half our group got out at Horseshoe Bay Beach (we paused for a photo stop at the top of the hill, overlooking Horseshoe Bay on the way out) for some serious beach time, and caught a shuttle back.  She timed it so that we could see the re-enactment at St. George town square.  She recommended several restaurants we might like to go to later or on our 2nd day.  She gave us so much history and answered all our questions.  We fell in love with Bermuda, and look forward to going back.  Her email is brandistone29@gmail.com.  Her cell # is 441-703-5180.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

She charges $70/hr and her van can take up to 7 people (we had 6), and the tip is not included. She toured us around for 4 hours. Because we thought the teens might get fidgety on a long tour, we asked for 4 hours.  However, if I knew it was just going to be adults, I would have asked for 6 or 7  hours.  We didn't get to any shops in Hamilton (not a big deal for most of the group), and we could have stopped for a nice lunch.  We did get to see the sights that are most popular.  If you book with her, please say The Davis Family says hi! 

2 hours ago, sparkle said:

She charges $70/hr and her van can take up to 7 people (we had 6), and the tip is not included. She toured us around for 4 hours. Because we thought the teens might get fidgety on a long tour, we asked for 4 hours.  However, if I knew it was just going to be adults, I would have asked for 6 or 7  hours.  We didn't get to any shops in Hamilton (not a big deal for most of the group), and we could have stopped for a nice lunch.  We did get to see the sights that are most popular.  If you book with her, please say The Davis Family says hi! 

That is the government regulated taxi tour rate for 5-7 people. For 1-4 the regulated rate is $50 an hour. There is a 3 hour minimum. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 months later...

i just emailed Brandi and let her know I was interested in a tour for my girlfriend and I (2 people) and Brandi said her rate was $70 per hour. Should I push back and let her know the rate is $50? is there a government website that shows this?

2 hours ago, kenns said:

i just emailed Brandi and let her know I was interested in a tour for my girlfriend and I (2 people) and Brandi said her rate was $70 per hour. Should I push back and let her know the rate is $50? is there a government website that shows this?

The correct answer lies in whether she's operating a taxi . It's taxi drivers that are subject to the $50/$70 tour rates. Private non-taxi tour guides can charge what they wish.

12 hours ago, kenns said:

She knows the taxi rates. She drives a taxi. If she is doing tours not as a taxi I think she could charge whatever you agree to pay. I suspect what is happening is that she can easily find 5-7 people to book at the $70 per hour rate and would prefer that. Personally I would not pay $70 an hour for two people but that is me. There are other options, other drivers. But it is your choice whether to book her at that rate or not book her at that rate. You might want to try to find some others on your roll call to share the tour.