Price went down

oliver35

Always keep checking prices AND open those Latitudes and 20% off e-mails.

I had an 11-day W. Caribbean in the Haven on the Breakaway booked for mid-January 2020. I clicked through one of those 20% off e-mails just to see if there was anything of interest. I found a 10-day W. Caribbean (No Nassau) in late January with the same ship, same accommodations, all the perks and air for - - $2,000 (yes, thousand) less. E-mailed my PCC, she waved her magic wand, and 10 minutes later my booking was a done deal. Woo-hoo! 😎

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

Always keep checking prices AND open those Latitudes and 20% off e-mails.

I had an 11-day W. Caribbean in the Haven on the Breakaway booked for mid-January 2020. I clicked through one of those 20% off e-mails just to see if there was anything of interest. I found a 10-day W. Caribbean (No Nassau) in late January with the same ship, same accommodations, all the perks and air for - - $2,000 (yes, thousand) less. E-mailed my PCC, she waved her magic wand, and 10 minutes later my booking was a done deal. Woo-hoo! 😎

After final payment my cruise went down $1,000 for 2 passengers ($500 each).  Anyone have any experience with reductions and response from the cruise line and/or agent?

9 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

After final payment my cruise went down $1,000 for 2 passengers ($500 each).  Anyone have any experience with reductions and response from the cruise line and/or agent?

This happened to us for our cruise last spring...we were able to get $500USD in on board credit. Another time we were upgraded to a different room type. 

3 hours ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

This happened to us for our cruise last spring...we were able to get $500USD in on board credit. Another time we were upgraded to a different room type. 

We were only offered 25% of the decrease in fare (thru a travel agent).  It is rather sickening......$250 for a $1,000 price reduction.  

14 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We were only offered 25% of the decrease in fare (thru a travel agent).  It is rather sickening......$250 for a $1,000 price reduction.  

It might not be what we all like, but think about it this way: if the price went up after final payment or even before would you expect to pay the new, higher rate? This is why I pretty much do not check prices after the final payment. I do prior or I should say my TA does. Another issue can be a drop in price when using a TA can affect perks sometimes as many good rates are connected to special blocked space the TA has. When adjusting the price downward the blocked space, if sold out is affected. It is a bit hard to understand sometimes but it is what it is. We were affected by this a few years ago.