Glacier Bay or Endicott arms and Dawes glacier

MaC410

So the question is pretty much in the topic. There are two cruises that have almost the exact same itenierary. One goes through glacier Bay and one goes to Dawes glacier. The time of the year is a little different but otherwise pretty much the same. Which one should we pick?

I haven't actually been to Endicott Arm, but I've been to similar Tracy Arm twice, and loved it (the two are next to each other and though I believe Tracy Arm is a little steeper and narrower, I've heard Endicott Arm is just as pretty).  I love Glacier Bay too.  To me, Glacier Bay is more about the glaciers, and Endicott Arm/Tracy Arm are more about the sailing in through the fjord.  If you've never been to Alaska and don't plan to go back, Glacier Bay is probably better.  But if you're like most people, you WILL be back.  And one of your trips should certainly contain Endicott Arm or Tracy Arm.  

Pics from my recent trip to Tracy Arm:  https://www.melindabrasher.com/2019/09/tracy-arm-fjord-alaska.html

Endicott Arm doesn't have the twists and turns that Tracy Arm does. It is far less scenic, though often more accessible than Tracy Arm. I have been there several times (even in a small boat) as Tracy Arm was not accessible.

Because ships kept missing Tracy Arm and going to Endicott Arm, the cruise lines just made it a permanent change.

Edited by Coral