World Nomads travel insurance

ksmommy5

Has anyone used this agency for travel insurance? I am getting an awesome quote and the site showed up when I researched best canadian travel insurance providers. It seems they are affiliated with AIG. Has anyone heard of this company and can provide some insight? 

Thanks

3 hours ago, ksmommy5 said:

Has anyone used this agency for travel insurance? I am getting an awesome quote and the site showed up when I researched best canadian travel insurance providers. It seems they are affiliated with AIG. Has anyone heard of this company and can provide some insight? 

Thanks

I've read just a bit about them, when trying to find other companies that might be similar to MedJetAssist.

Would love to learn more!

GC

I have NO direct experience with this company, but I took a look at their web site and one of the plan documents (Explorer plan for Florida).  A few things I noticed:

• In the USA, the polices are underwritten by Nationwide and administered by Trip Mate.  As the OP said, in Canada it is AIG.  So the terms and conditions may be different for people in the USA.
  • They offered me a choice of either $2.5K (Standard) or $10K (Explorer) cancellation and interruption benefits.  They never asked about trip costs.
  • The look back period for pre-existing conditions is 90 days. They did not offer a pre-existing conditions waiver.
  • Cancellation/interruption for common carrier delays seemed weak to me compared to many other policies.  This policy says "Weather (or strike) that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least 24 consecutive hours".  Typical language for other policies: "Common Carrier delays resulting from inclement weather, or mechanical breakdown or organized labor strikes that affect public transportation
  • Everything (including medical) is secondary insurance.
  • Medical is $100K. Medical evac is $500K.
  • The price is much cheaper than many other plans! Using my real information for a sample quote, the price for the Explorer plan was 1/3 to 1/4 of the quotes from  tripinsurancestore.com. 

The price is very attractive as long as you understand the limitations. I would also love to hear from someone with direct experience.

The only thing I can add is that dealing with Tripmate can be problematic. I had never heard of Nomads until I saw the name in numerous complaints on the Better Business Bureau  website for Tripmate. I was looking because Tripmate also administers the plan offered by Viking cruises, but Nomads was the other company mentioned specifically.