RCCL won't send me cancellation confirmation

We had to cancel cruise for medical emergency.  At this point it's non refundable, which I understand. I did not receive an email cancellation confirmation which I need to file a claim with my travel insurance company. I called and was told they do not automatically send out a confirmation of cancellation. I also chatted on FB messenger and was told the same thing. I sent an email to guest relations requesting something in writing to prove to insurance company that my reservation is cancelled and we will not be boarding the ship.  Auto reply started someone would contact me within 3 days. That has come and gone. I have now contacted corporate and executive offices. I hope they will help me. Why would Royal have such a ridiculous policy? Why do I have to beg for it? If I cancel a hotel, a flight or even an Amazon order. I get an email confirming the cancellation. I'm so frustrated and shocked that this is their policy. Any suggestions? 

image000000_01.png

Edited by CococayDays

28 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Did your credit card get the port fees credited back? That may be enough to start the claim.

I got several credits.. 

The gratuities and the taxes. The rest are the excursions, beverage package, The Key. The Visa statement just shows RCCL but I know what the amounts are for.

16 hours ago, CococayDays said:

We had to cancel cruise for medical emergency.  At this point it's non refundable, which I understand. I did not receive an email cancellation confirmation which I need to file a claim with my travel insurance company. I called and was told they do not automatically send out a confirmation of cancellation. I also chatted on FB messenger and was told the same thing. I sent an email to guest relations requesting something in writing to prove to insurance company that my reservation is cancelled and we will not be boarding the ship.  Auto reply started someone would contact me within 3 days. That has come and gone. I have now contacted corporate and executive offices. I hope they will help me. Why would Royal have such a ridiculous policy? Why do I have to beg for it? If I cancel a hotel, a flight or even an Amazon order. I get an email confirming the cancellation. I'm so frustrated and shocked that this is their policy. Any suggestions? 

image000000_01.png

Confused by your issue.  I always stay on the phone with my computer open to my email account and insist they email me any and all additions or cancellations to my account.  No matter if it is C&A or my CVP or someone from another department, they have never refused to email the information I request.  I then print a copy for my records.  Hope you never have to go thru this again.

They have never sent me a cancel conformation in the past, automatically or other.  They have always verbally give me a cancellation number when I cancel.  It never seemed all that ridiculous to me but then I've never needed it in writing.  I'm sure if you need it, someone with a little pro-activeness there will eventually email you one.