bringing booze from canda

grantyandgrandma

I have noted the posts regarding bringing your own booze but can't figure out how to get it across border when we leave on the plane from Vancouver. We plan ob buying everything but wine from the bars. But would like some wine.

Taking liqour across the border is not only legal, it would be downright un-Canadian to not take any :D. If you are flying in the day before your cruise buy the liquor at the airport in the duty free store, you will carry it on to the plane with you. You are allowed 40 oz. per person (1.14l). That night pack it in the middle of your suitcases with bubble wrap, ziploc bags etc.

If you are flying in the day of your cruise, get your liquor before packing at home and put in your suitcase as described above. You can also transfer the alcohol to plastic bottles if you wish.

In either case, on the U.S. Customs form it will ask you to declare the liquor, mark down what you have.

We have been wondering about this also. Anybody know if there is anyplace near the Westin Lax that we can buy wine? We are looking to buy the boxed Merlot or something comparable.

Will Super Shuttle or Prime Time stop for us to run and quickly grab something if there is nothing nearby? We will have the shuttle to ourselves, if that makes a difference.

Bev

Well.... I was wondering this also.... I am wondering if i can get a 2 case of soda onto the ship?? I heard that if you put a luggage tag on them that they will deliver them to you room is that true?? Also if i take a bottle of booze and pack it in each one of our bags will it go through???? I dont want ot have problems getting out luggage... Has anyone brought there own booze on board??? How did you do it??

This will be my 1st cruise leaving Ny on the 6th of April on the Dawn!!

Please any one have any insight on this?????

There really isn't anything close to the Westin. The hotel is at the end of Century Boulevard, and it's a pretty industrial/commercial area. The good news is that you can buy wine just about anywhere in LA - liquor stores, grocery stores, specialty stores, etc. If you're flying from the port of LA, there's a liquor store down the street, within about a 15 minute walk. I can't remember the name of it, but it's behind the Enterprise rental location on N. Harbor. If you leave yourself enough time, you could check in, have one person go onboard w/luggage & such while the other has a power walk to the store.

I don't think the shuttles will make interim stops, but it never hurts to ask. If they will, have them stop at the first supermarket. They all carry the boxed wines.

Have a great cruise!

Because some of my children live in the US, I travel across the border quite often. I've found the best deal for us financially is to buy our maximum liquor allowance at the Duty Free store on the Canadian side BEFORE you cross into the US. Not only do you get duty free prices, but you're also paying in Canadian dollars.

LNF

Archived