Admiral's Club

C 2 C

HI LONGBOY,

Just look at the Elite benefits. The only good thing on there is the ability to become a Diamons member on RCI...LOL!!! You would be better off just buying a suite instead of waiting for a bunch of nothing. X better come up with something real or I am going to complete my credits in order to get on RCI...lol.

I called RCI a while ago and asked them how many more cruises I would need to become a Diamond member. The answer was so complicated that I just think it would be easier to buy a suite...LOL.

ROSS

Your right there. Just to show you the only two things I highlited were the ones I wanted to take advantage of.

First I invited one of the cruise staff to the table for dinner on the last formal night. They are considered officers of the ship and can come into the dining room. I made friends with all of the cruise staff but decided to invite one on the big night. You have to pass this request up to the cruise director and Hotel manager to make sure they can go. I had a lot of fun times on the boat with the cruise staff and thought this would be a nice reward for them or at least on of them. In talking to them I also found out they can also go into the Specialty resturant but they have to pay as we do. So the last night I stopped by abd dropped off an extra bottle of Champagne we had not used and thanked them.

Second on our last trip on the Millie we used the departure lounge to great pleasure. This is the Michaels Club lounge and was a nice touch. With lite breakfast. We were just about the only people in there. We had a group of 10 with us. I went back and found all the others and got them there. Also picked our friends we met in the specialty resturant. Had about 1/2 the people in the lounge with me. We waited about a 1/2 hour before departure. Our Captain's Club hostess was there with us. Everyone got to meet again and talk a bit in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Have a wake up coffee and danish as needed. Our hostess was ever gracious and we talked with her for a few minutes. When our time came she walked our group to the gangway and off the ship. Another touch where Celebrity treated your famously.

As for RCL - been there. I'm past the fast paced vacation life style. We like to stay on the ship more and relax. The ports are just for quick shopping now and resupply of the drinks in the cabin.

We'll keep on with Celebrity as the people they have on the ships have been special to me. It's all people - relaxing and fun.

Do you best today. Tomorrow is not guranteeded.

See you on the ships. ;)

• 6 months later...

I spent a little time modifying my Captain's Club pin to come up with my self-promotion pin. It seems that American Airlines has an Admiral's Club so I'll reach a little lower.

I spent a little time modifying my Captain's Club pin to come up with my self-promotion pin. It seems that American Airlines has an Admiral's Club so I'll reach a little lower.

Arno.............are you going to be wearing one of these on our December cruise????

Rick

Arno.............are you going to be wearing one of these on our December cruise????

Rick

I wish. The little white patch on my lapel in my avatar is the Captain's Club version.

Arno

Still need Zenith, Connie, and Infinity. I can't include Horizon in there. If you do, you have to include Meridian and I'm sure the group who sailed on her is small.

Just active fleet sailings are required for promotion. The September 2007 Connie TA is very appealing. Just check the roll call.

Archived