MSC Magnifica News

sidari

Hi P ... good to see you around these parts!  😀  I'll be tracking the September Baltics sailing, but it's too far out at the moment for me to make a commitment.  We have 3 upcoming that take us up to next September, so I'll just concentrate on those for now.

11 hours ago, philsuarez said:

I fancy a cruise on her but don't like not being able to choose cabin location so I'll have to wait before committing 

Same here, Phil!

Although Sept 2021 (for the Baltics sailing that I like the look of) is still too far out for me to commit, anyway.  We haven't done a repo since April 2018 and neither of our 2020 cruises are repos, either.  I'm beginning to hanker for one, now, so I'll have to see what's on offer for 2021 before deciding.

Edited by Beamafar

10 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Same here, Phil!

Although Sept 2021 (for the Baltics sailing that I like the look of) is still too far out for me to commit, anyway.  We haven't done a repo since April 2018 and neither of our 2020 cruises are repos, either.  I'm beginning to hanker for one, now, so I'll have to see what's on offer for 2021 before deciding.

Bea ... The itinerary is great and the pricing not too bad but as you say it is a long way out at the minute, that said we did book Seaside a long way out for the first Miami sailing.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Bea ... The itinerary is great and the pricing not too bad but as you say it is a long way out at the minute, that said we did book Seaside a long way out for the first Miami sailing.

I agree about both the itinerary and the prices!

Adam Coulter (an editor working for CC) has an article on the subject of the ship being stretched (the link is on my phone - I'll try and post it here).  He quotes Antonio Paradiso (MSC's UK Managing Director) and goes on to say:

... he (Paradiso) ... did not rule out adding the line's keycard-only, all-suite enclave, the MSC Yacht Club, to the ship:  "We are talking about it" he said!

Now, that would certainly sway me to book early (if the price for YC wasn't OTT).

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4432/?source=99360&fbclid=IwAR1ZnNrqZxP2XEQLxNAjet2DRr5QJ8twDHC9MbUwPqGgxjYHAwGr5dzKkIc

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I agree about both the itinerary and the prices!

Adam Coulter (an editor working for CC) has an article on the subject of the ship being stretched (the link is on my phone - I'll try and post it here).  He quotes Antonio Paradiso (MSC's UK Managing Director) and goes on to say:

... he (Paradiso) ... did not rule out adding the line's keycard-only, all-suite enclave, the MSC Yacht Club, to the ship:  "We are talking about it" he said!

Now, that would certainly sway me to book early (if the price for YC wasn't OTT).

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4432/?source=99360&fbclid=IwAR1ZnNrqZxP2XEQLxNAjet2DRr5QJ8twDHC9MbUwPqGgxjYHAwGr5dzKkIc

Cannot see how they would do that without affecting the stability of the ship unless the current Aurea suites on 15 and 14 became the YC cabins and the top 16 became the YC sundeck, then of course there is nowhere for the TSL unless they moved the spa elsewhere, then there is the question of a dining room.

A new area would have to be created for the top 16 which is currently at the top front of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to book a July 2021 cruise on Magnifica this morning, and as of 11:45 it looks like the sailings have been removed from the booking engine - the promo page on MSC's website for the 2021 Southampton season, which used to list all sailings, now just says 'no results found', and using the main search for July 2021 gives a message that 5 itineraries found, but doesn't actually list any of them to let you click through and book.

Curious.  And frustrating when I'm in "Here, take my money!" mode.

Website glitch, or something more ominous afoot..?