How does priority boarding, tendering and disembarking work?

danak13

Going out of Port Canaveral at the end of November and have priority boarding, tendering, and disembarkation for the first time (but I am not in the Haven).  How do these work? How do I know where to go or what time I can board the ship? 

Thank you! 

We had this for the first time on our trip to Alaska last summer.  So wonderful.  We got to the ship with our two grandchildren and were immediately taken to the special lounge where we checked in.  Had all kinds of snacks and drinks which the kiddos loved.  Our concierge came by and introduced himself and let us know that he was available any time for questions and help.  We always got notes in our suite about when and where we would tender from (we were not in the Haven, but we were in a family suite).  With disembarking they gave us special tags to put on our luggage and we were some of the first ones off the ship.  Again, all information was given to us in advance.  Can't wait for our next cruise to use all that again.

I've just looked at your posting history, and it seems that you have taken the new priority offer that NCL have introduced.

Firstly, ignore the previous reply, as this is very unlikely to be your experience. My guess is that it will be more like latitudes, but until people like you report back we won't know for sure.

I will explain how they work for latitudes. That isn't necessarily what it will be like for you, but it would be my best guess.

Embarkation - We usually get a small area to wait in (no snacks or anything like that). Then, when embarkation starts we are called before general boarding starts (but after suites etc). It will be interesting to see if you get a waiting area.

Tendering - We don't need to queue up for a tender ticket, but can just join the queue whenever we like. We still need to queue up, rather than go to the head of the line. It still takes a while to actually get on the tenders, but it's quite nice to be able to join the queue early without having to queue up previoyusly for an early ticket.

Disembarkation - We get a special coloured luggage tag, and our colour is called before the general groups are called (but again after suites I believe). It is useful if you want to leave early, but we generally still choose to walk off with our luggage.

Let us know how this compares to what you get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

I've just looked at your posting history, and it seems that you have taken the new priority offer that NCL have introduced.

Firstly, ignore the previous reply, as this is very unlikely to be your experience. My guess is that it will be more like latitudes, but until people like you report back we won't know for sure.

I will explain how they work for latitudes. That isn't necessarily what it will be like for you, but it would be my best guess.

Embarkation - We usually get a small area to wait in (no snacks or anything like that). Then, when embarkation starts we are called before general boarding starts (but after suites etc). It will be interesting to see if you get a waiting area.

Tendering - We don't need to queue up for a tender ticket, but can just join the queue whenever we like. We still need to queue up, rather than go to the head of the line. It still takes a while to actually get on the tenders, but it's quite nice to be able to join the queue early without having to queue up previoyusly for an early ticket.

Disembarkation - We get a special coloured luggage tag, and our colour is called before the general groups are called (but again after suites I believe). It is useful if you want to leave early, but we generally still choose to walk off with our luggage.

Let us know how this compares to what you get.

Thank you for the information as well as looking into my past posts to give the most relevant information! I also assumed my experience would most closely resemble that of the Latitudes guests, and I am eagerly waiting to see posts from some of the first users of this program to see if NCL staff at the ports and on the ship will be trained on it and have some clue of what it is when we arrive! 

1 minute ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I'm only silver but it still says I should have priority boarding.  I have not as of yet gotten any priority boarding.  Is it dependent upon the port?  How do I go about receiving such priority?

You get priority check in, not boarding.

All priority check in means is that there is a line for latitudes. The problem is that for all levels below platinum (and occasionally at platinum as well) there are so many people with that status that it is often quicker to join the normal line.

3 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I'm only silver but it still says I should have priority boarding.  I have not as of yet gotten any priority boarding.  Is it dependent upon the port?  How do I go about receiving such priority?

Silver only gets Priority Check-in. Priority Boarding doesn't start until Platinum. 

All Priority Check-in means is if there's a line just for Silver you can get in that line instead of the cattle-call line for everyone. They say Bronze gets it too, and frankly I haven't seen a line for Bronze/Silver check-in on any of my cruises. (I have seen the separate lines on my Royal cruises though)

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

You get priority check in, not boarding.

All priority check in means is that there is a line for latitudes. The problem is that for all levels below platinum (and occasionally at platinum as well) there are so many people with that status that it is often quicker to join the normal line.

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

Silver only gets Priority Check-in. Priority Boarding doesn't start until Platinum. 

All Priority Check-in means is if there's a line just for Silver you can get in that line instead of the cattle-call line for everyone. They say Bronze gets it too, and frankly I haven't seen a line for Bronze/Silver check-in on any of my cruises. (I have seen the separate lines on my Royal cruises though)

Thank You both for the clarification.  I'll have to remember to look for the line at least.

Frankly-   this isn't so "special".   A LOT of people qualify for this,  and there can indeed be lines and waits.    There is NO predictability on what will happen,   depends on that precise time it involves you and the demographics.  

The first response-   is a suite/haven procedure,  not the Latitudes or purchased option.