Any Shuttles Waiting at San Pedro Port to LAX?

cidymom

I'll be disembarking a cruise on a Sunday and wondered if I need to book in advance a shuttle to take me to LAX or will there be shuttles waiting at the port rounding up passengers to LAX like in Miami.  If not, any recommendations for a shuttle other than Super Shuttle. Thanks for any help.

You don't say why you refuse to consider Supershuttle, but last May we used them very easily. We disembarked with early walkoff from the Royal Princess on a Saturday and found two Supershuttle vans (one small minivan and one slightly larger minibus) already sitting there waiting for walkups around 7:30AM. We boarded the smaller of the two (less wait time ) and were on our way within 5 minutes. I asked the driver how long it would take to LAX and he stated 20 minutes. He was correct almost to the minute, and we were checking in before 8AM. Van was clean, driver was great.

lx200gps - thank you for that info.  I'm sorry I worded that sentence poorly.  I was aware of Super Shuttle and wondered if there were any other shuttles servicing the San Pedro cruise port for more options.  If Super Shuttle is available, I will have no problems using them at all.  Thank you for your input.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, cidymom said:

If not, any recommendations for a shuttle other than Super Shuttle.

You can also take an UberX or Lyft as a private transfer for almost exactly what you pay per person for a shuttle to LAX. Shuttle is estimated at $34 and UberX is estimated at $37. Get there much quicker and not have to deal with other people. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

You can also take an UberX or Lyft as a private transfer for almost exactly what you pay per person for a shuttle to LAX. Shuttle is estimated at $34 and UberX is estimated at $37. Get there much quicker and not have to deal with other people. 

Agree, why would anyone take a shuttle when you can have a private car (Uber) for about the same price.

Well, as a phone Ludite (I only have a flip phone, no smart phone), I don't/can't use Uber/Lyft. Perhaps this person is in the same situation.

She asked about a shuttle (Supershuttle and Primetime are the best in LA), not to be preached at about shared ride car services.

To the OP, you can make a reservation and pre-pay for your shuttle with Supershuttle on-line, and there will be tons of Supershuttle vans available. A dispatcher is on the curb to assist you to get on one going to LAX.

Edited by Splinter

Both Primetime Shuttle and SuperShuttle are available.  There's no need to pre-book, although you can if you want.  Just tell the dispatcher where you're going and he will direct you to the appropriate van. Be aware that it can be quite a slow process as they try to completely fill the vans before they'll get going - especially true if you're the first ones into the van.  As noted by others, if there are 2 or more of you, it's probably more advantageous to use Uber. 

SuperShuttle and PrimeTime are the absolute worst shuttle services in LA. They regularly get thrashed in reviews for very poor customer service, but because they are the "official" shuttles at LAX and have permanent stands, they don't care about bad reviews. They have an endless stream of unaware victims err, I mean customers.

Be that as it may. In the very narrow circumstance of picking up outside the cruise terminal, SuperShuttle is okay because they won't make any other stops between the LAX area and the cruise port. The negative is, if a van has just left for LAX and you are the first two in a new van, they will wait until the van fills up. That could be 10 minutes or 25. Then if you are leaving Terminal 7 at LAX, it will stop at all the other terminals first, meaning from when you enter LAX it could be 15 or 20 minutes more before you get dropped off. Or you could get lucky and be the last on, first off. It's just luck.

If you have the means to use Uber. I would.

• Like 2