Fresh/Saltwater Swimming Pools?

Tutone56

Yes, the type of water does matter.......lol:D ... Us women do lot's of things to look nice for our guys and ourselves... Such as coloring or perming or such... and salt water is awful or harsh on color treated or permed hair....lol:eek: ... wish they were all just chlorinated pools....:rolleyes:

You're sailing to the Caribbean, assuming if you go to the beach for snorkeling, scuba, or just wading in the ocean, your hair is gonna get wet with salt water.

Why get upset if the pool has salt water? If you weren't going into the sea because its has salt and it will ruin your hair, avoid going into the pool too.

You can also sun bathe next to the pool whether is has fresh or salt water.

Trust me, I know my hair is going to be in salt water.... lol... I dive so I have to deal with it each time.. I would love to not have to worry about the pools being salt water.. but what can ya do? Stay out of it? Not my option.... But we all have our wish list. Mine is all pools on ships be chlorinated:D :rolleyes:

Seems to me that chlorinated fresh water is at least as harsh to the hair as treated salt water.

Just my experience and opinion. I like that they use salt water because it's changed every day. The fresh water pools on the ships always seem to have a slimy "film" of suntan goo, etc. after a day or two.

beachchick

I prefer chlorinated freshwater over saltwater. I feel "sticky" after being in saltwater and like I need an immediate shower. Is chlorinated water any better?? Probably not, but it's just a preference. I am less likely to swim in a salt water pool. Actually, now that I think of it, I try to stay out of pools altogether. Why does "swim diapers" seem to be a contradiction in terms? :o

We are traveling on the Grand March 4th. Does anyone the water types for their pools? Someone told me there was at least one fresh water pool. Also - are there any slides for the kids? And lastly - does anyone have some great pics of the pools on the Grand Princess? My kids have been asking and the Princess website doesn't have anything great. If anyone can post some I would appreciate it.

Thanks

We are traveling on the Grand March 4th. Does anyone the water types for their pools? Someone told me there was at least one fresh water pool. Also - are there any slides for the kids? And lastly - does anyone have some great pics of the pools on the Grand Princess? My kids have been asking and the Princess website doesn't have anything great. If anyone can post some I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Why would those of us on this thread know? Actually I don't mean to sound snotty and yes, the pools on Princess are fresh water; same with Disney and I think one other ship, maybe it is one of the newer RCI ships. Gradually all lines will be fresh water I am sure.Tutone, NCLs pools, though Salt water are nothing like swimming in the ocean. You can hardly tell they are salt; damage to the hair? I don't think you will see many people using the pools for lap swimming so the hair probably will not take much of a beating. If you were going to swim in the water for a month or so, maybe, but not the couple of times you take a dip. Just bring along lots of gentle rinse and live with the frizzies for a few days. I am sure you will look just fine. NMNita

I prefer chlorinated freshwater over saltwater. I feel "sticky" after being in saltwater and like I need an immediate shower. Is chlorinated water any better?? Probably not, but it's just a preference. I am less likely to swim in a salt water pool. Actually, now that I think of it, I try to stay out of pools altogether. Why does "swim diapers" seem to be a contradiction in terms? :o

So I guess you would rather swim in a lake then the ocean :rolleyes:

Give me sea water not chlorinated anytime - I feel no need for an immediate shower on the beach.

Thanks

I believe they use brackish swamp water :rolleyes: :D but you might want to check on the Princess board;)

Archived