Booking with overseas TA

We are thinking of doing a cruise with MSC that is sold out via Australian travel agents/websites. A cabin is available with a US online agency (sort of like 'go on a vacation')

Has anyone used this online agency to book a cruise and did everything work out ok?

They have assured me that there are no issues with them booking with MSC for someone based in Australia, but knowing that someone has done it and all been ok will set my mind at rest a bit. Don't fancy turning up to board in Venice and find we are denied boarding.

Many thanks

38 minutes ago, Bluesky014 said:

We are thinking of doing a cruise with MSC that is sold out via Australian travel agents/websites. A cabin is available with a US online agency (sort of like 'go on a vacation')

Has anyone used this online agency to book a cruise and did everything work out ok?

They have assured me that there are no issues with them booking with MSC for someone based in Australia, but knowing that someone has done it and all been ok will set my mind at rest a bit. Don't fancy turning up to board in Venice and find we are denied boarding.

Many thanks

Pretty sure we are thinking of the same agent.Their the biggest cruise agent in the world.

I have had successfully used them and I know many that swear by them.They have a 24 hour service ,sometimes you will be dealing with a different person each time but are as good as any.

BUT a few things must be considered. You may get some hidden costs that won’t be in the price. So ask for a All up price in $AU and gratuity may not be included.

oh also international transaction fees 

Edited by Chiliburn

We have a friend who uses them because they can get cabins that aren't allocated to Australia.

He's had no trouble whatsoever. You just need to be happy with the bottom line after the extras have been added

Edited by denny girl

We have used them many times in the past but as mentioned, note that their pricing is in USD and does not have the taxes, fees or gratuities included. If the currency changes between the deposit and the final payment, you may be better off or worse off. IME our dollar tends to drop which will be worse for you.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, Bluesky014 said:

Many thanks

Hi

i have booked a few cruises with them and found them to be excellent.  Far superior to Australian agents.  Their customer service is great and they are available to speak to 7 days a week for long hours.  There was no trouble and no charge for repricing  when fares dropped.

4 minutes ago, bedrick said:

Hi

i have booked a few cruises with them and found them to be excellent.  Far superior to Australian agents.  Their customer service is great and they are available to speak to 7 days a week for long hours.  There was no trouble and no charge for repricing  when fares dropped.

Thank you for your reply - we have gone ahead and booked and so far everything is ok. We did get charged $100 overseas transaction fee by our credit card provider but we knew that would happen. 

ing debit card is another great card to use provided you deposit $1000 per month and make 5 debit transactions month.  I've been booking a few tours overseas for a cruise next year and get charged the international transaction fee and then it gets credited back to account.  Saved considerable dollars already.

• Like 2