Frank's Red Hot

firstcruise1970

Hubby and I both love Cholula. For Christmas last year I decided to surprise hubby with a CASE of Cholula. Hubby decided to surprise ME with a case of Cholula. Imagine our surprise Christmas morning when we both saw identical sized wrapped boxes sitting under the tree! :eek: I opened mine first and said, "uh oh"! Then gave him HIS gift. It was really funny! Well, it gets even better! When he opened the original damaged case, only 3 of the 12 bottles were actually damaged. So, that Christmas we ended up with 33 LARGE bottles of Cholula! Guess what we give as hostess gifts when we are invited to a friend's house for dinner?

A bottle of wine?

No way!

...A bottle of Cholula! :D

Okay, now I have to go buy a bottle today!!!

Jackie

:cool:

Have both Cholula and Tabasco, grow my own Pequins and have an easy sauce recipe for them. I also keep Jamaican Pickapepper sauce, great with cocktail shrimp or some use it with cream cheese as a dip. I think it is habanero based, but it's pretty mild with an interesting flavor.

As a Texan, what I found I had to do, is to bring my own salsa for eggs and other bland foods on board. Some good Arriba Chipotle or Salsa Verde will do wonders for those buffet eggs.

I went out yesterday and bought some Cholula. It was pretty good on my chicken cacciatore. Thanks for the tip.

They had the original and a garlic one, but I bought the original. Have you also tried the garlic flavor?

GCurry, Would love to have your recipe if you give it out. DH lived in TX for 14 years. We still have property in Lake Shadows in Crosby. They have a good restaurant on the NCL Dawn, Salsas, and they have some decent salsas and sauces with a bit of a bite.

Jackie :cool:

Wow! :eek: I didn't know Cholula had a garlic option! But, since I already have 33 bottles of the original flavor I don't think I'll be buying anymore Cholula anytimg soon! ;) GCurry, I also lived in Texas! We most recently (10 years ago) lived for 4 years in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. We also lived in San Antonio for a year back in the 70's. We loved it there and take many trips back to Texas. Our youngest child was born in Texas, so indirectly that makes us Texans by association! :D Ahhhhh, what I wouldn't give for a meal from Papasito's right now!!!

Wow! :eek: I didn't know Cholula had a garlic option! But, since I already have 33 bottles of the original flavor I don't think I'll be buying anymore Cholula anytimg soon! ;) GCurry, I also lived in Texas! We most recently (10 years ago) lived for 4 years in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. We also lived in San Antonio for a year back in the 70's. We loved it there and take many trips back to Texas. Our youngest child was born in Texas, so indirectly that makes us Texans by association! :D Ahhhhh, what I wouldn't give for a meal from Papasito's right now!!!

Bonnie Voyager,

Yes, I should have bought one of the garlic flavored too, but wanted to make sure I liked the flavor first. I will pick one up next time I go to the store and report back. Yes, 33 bottles should last you a month or two. :D

DH lived in Friendswood, Pearland and San Antonio. We were dating at the time and alternated commuting from TX and MA. I loved Texas.

Jackie :cool:

angeljt,(or any one else) email me at gcurry@utmb.edu I have some very special recipes in word I can send you; the Pequin sauce is with the Carnitas recipe. These are from my El Paso, Albuquerque days and some Mexican Caribbean as well.

We are headed for a Hawaiian Cruise at the end of this month with three other couples we ballroom dance with, two are from Pearland and Friendswood. George Bush senior copied your idea, living in Houston in the winter and Maine for summers.

Bonnie Voyager - I have walked the paths in the Woodlands many times, what a wonderful place to live. George Mitchell, the Texas Oilman, who developed it also has restored a lot of Galveston Island with buildings, hotels, and other developments. I lived in his Pirates Beach subdivision down the Island for a number of years.

Every spring, Papasitos serves the best Cabrito (kid goat) I've found, they Mexican barbecue it.

Archived