Frank's Red Hot

firstcruise1970

Hey Jackie how are you? Thanks for all the help on our last cruise. We had a Great Time ( after i got over the kid in the candy store amazement) I went to the last martini clinic after seeing your webshots and Wow, Bennie the bartender made the best drinks I have ever had, Hopefully the Spirit has the clinics also and they are just as good:D Thanks again for all help during my first cruise

Shawn

Hey Jackie how are you? Thanks for all the help on our last cruise. We had a Great Time ( after i got over the kid in the candy store amazement) I went to the last martini clinic after seeing your webshots and Wow, Bennie the bartender made the best drinks I have ever had, Hopefully the Spirit has the clinics also and they are just as good:D Thanks again for all help during my first cruise

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

You're very welcome, glad you had a great time. It sure is like being a kid in a candy store every time we step on a ship. I think I could go once a month and still feel the same way. I'm glad you made it to the martini clinic and got to meet Bennie. He is a really nice person and very interesting to talk to and he sure does make a mean martini. We hit the Star Bar at least once a day. DH made a DVD of the cruise and I wanted to send him a copy. I have to find his address before he goes on vacation. I don't know if the Spirit has the martini clinics, but I would think they would since they're pretty popular.

Did you write a review?

Jackie :cool:

How does Frank's compare to Cholula? :) I never heard of it before.

I love Frank's Hot Sauce. It is made with cayenne peppers, garlic and has a vinegar base to it. I was putting it on everything for a while. It isn't as hot as Cholula, or at least I don't think it is although they have an extra hot version also. Give it a try if you like the vinegar base.

DH loves Franl's Red Hot - but so far he hasn't packed one into his carry-on for a cruise.;)

KrazyKruizers,

Maybe you should surprise him and sneak one in your suitcase... Ahhhh, a cruise and Frank's.... what's better than that!!!:D

Jackie:cool:

Cruiselines carry tabasco sauce but you need to ask for it to get it. We carry our own small bottle. First cruise we took our own pepper grinder..the little tiny ones. The waiter thought that hysterical that someone would go through the trouble when they have it themseolves.. (we didnt know)

Cruiselines carry tabasco sauce but you need to ask for it to get it. We carry our own small bottle. First cruise we took our own pepper grinder..the little tiny ones. The waiter thought that hysterical that someone would go through the trouble when they have it themseolves.. (we didnt know)

Would have been real funny if you pulled out a two foot pepper grinder. :D

Room service will also bring you tabasco sauce and you can ask your room stewards to leave it for you.

We always bring a small bottle of Cholula sauce with us. We like the flavor better than tobasco or Frank's for eggs. I also have Frank's and Crystal sauces in my cupboard and those also get used regularly in different recipes but only the Cholula travels with us!

We always bring a small bottle of Cholula sauce with us. We like the flavor better than tobasco or Frank's for eggs. I also have Frank's and Crystal sauces in my cupboard and those also get used regularly in different recipes but only the Cholula travels with us!

I was never a big hot sauce lover until I tried Frank's and then I couldn't get enough of it. I would buy the extra large bottles at BJ's and used it on everything. I think it's the vinegar flavor that I like. I love it on eggs. Does the Cholula have vinegar in it also?

THIS is hot sauce

bomb.jpg

dump out the vodka and use the bottle to sneak this on board :eek:

1,500,000 Scoville units...Tobasco is 2,500

try some on your eggs or in a bloody mary :p

caution - "It could burn the paint off of a Sherman Tank "

THIS is hot sauce

bomb.jpg

dump out the vodka and use the bottle to sneak this on board :eek:

1,500,000 Scoville units...Tobasco is 2,500

try some on your eggs or in a bloody mary :p

caution - "It could burn the paint off of a Sherman Tank "

Oh Boy!!! Not for me...I'll keep the vodka and do a slow burn. :D Have you tried it?

Oh Boy!!! Not for me...I'll keep the vodka and do a slow burn. :D Have you tried it?

a bottle of this, its brother Ground Zero, Dave's Insanity and a couple of others grace my table

be afraid...be very afraid

"I'd be careful with that...its a little warm...."

"Nothing's too hot for me."

"OK, I warned you...."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

p.s. it runs about $18.50 an ounce..but it goes a LONG way

angeljt - According to the Cholula bottle label, the first three ingredients are vinegar, water, red peppers.... give it a try! I don't think we would even try that Da'Bomb stuff, and we have a few habanero sauces in the fridge! :eek:

Nparmelee,

Thanks for looking, I'll have to give it a try. I don't thin Da'Bomb would be for me since I don't like 'burn your face off' hot. DH might want to give it a try though.

a bottle of this, its brother Ground Zero, Dave's Insanity and a couple of others grace my table

be afraid...be very afraid

"I'd be careful with that...its a little warm...."

"Nothing's too hot for me."

"OK, I warned you...."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

p.s. it runs about $18.50 an ounce..but it goes a LONG way

I am very afraid...Hiding under my pillow!!!

My son just introducted us to Cholula several months ago and we love it, went grocery shopping today and bought two more bottles. Franks was good, but this is much better.

Can you describe the difference in taste? Just curious. I'm going to pick up a bottle.

Hubby and I both love Cholula. For Christmas last year I decided to surprise hubby with a CASE of Cholula. Hubby decided to surprise ME with a case of Cholula. Imagine our surprise Christmas morning when we both saw identical sized wrapped boxes sitting under the tree! :eek: I opened mine first and said, "uh oh"! Then gave him HIS gift. It was really funny! Well, it gets even better! When he opened the original damaged case, only 3 of the 12 bottles were actually damaged. So, that Christmas we ended up with 33 LARGE bottles of Cholula! Guess what we give as hostess gifts when we are invited to a friend's house for dinner?

A bottle of wine?

No way!

...A bottle of Cholula! :D

Archived