San Juan locals: NFL broadcasts in English?

dianedebuda

In my infinite wisdom, I booked our pre-cruise flight for Feb 2, not thinking about the Super Bowl.  I'm not a fan, but hubby is.  The bnb lists wifi & Netflix.  Before asking the bnb owner, would the game be broadcast locally in English?  Or should I plan on an alternative like a Firestick?  Don't think I'd be successful in convincing him to watch Heidi...🤣

If the BnB has no access to cable tv then you'll need to look into alternatives, unless the network carrying the game also transmits it in their app/web channel. San Juan is also filled with great bars and pubs where you'll likely be able to catch the game as well. Like Aviator said, don't expect to see the commercials from the US feed.

21 hours ago, dianedebuda said:

BnB just confirmed no access to cable and suggested a bar.  Going to be tough for a 1 beer/night max geezer? 🤭 We'll be in OSJ near St. Germain Bistro - any suggestions?  Meanwhile, I'll try to look for online viewing options...

If you walk north on Calle De La Cruz as you exit St. Germain you will come to Calle San Sebastian. Take a left there and that whole street is lined with bars, pubs and restaurants. Check to see who has the game on and have fun.