Sept 14 - 17 Royal Vancouver to Los Angeles.

timtrek

Sitting in the Good Spirits Lounge listening to everyone discussing the extended cruise.  We did not leave Vancouver till 2130 due to tides.  We were told an oil company spilled crude on the ship hull and we were not allowed to leave port till it was cleaned.  On Sunday at noon we were told due to late start we would not be arriving to LA until 1230 and all air needed to be changed to 4:30 or later.   Anyone with ezair was taken care of by princess but others had to take care of it themselves.  I was surprised and happy to see most passengers taking the changes in stride and there did not appear to be any issues. 

Monday at around 10 am the Capt came on and said now they were expecting to be at the pier at 2:30 PM on Tuesday, not 12:30 any longer. Now people began to show the stress of a second change as the new schedule for disembarking had some walking off as late as 4:30 PM.  We were told this was all because of the late sail away from Vancouver (2130) and the new 10 knot speed limit in LA/Long Beach area for cruise ships.

At 1005 am we were just off Avalon (see map) and were told it was still a 2:30 PM arrival. 

Screenshot_20190917-100508_Maps.thumb.jpg.5b8fa645c52845f84d18f938aef812c1.jpg

I feel bad for those that had to two air changes, but Princess did step up.  All calls were free from the room phones and everyone got free internet.  

Overall, service and food were great as usual on Princess and the staff went our of their way to be helpful.  I think the Captain could have just made it a 2:30 pm arrival to avoid issues with air changes twice, but he had hoped to make better time overnight Sunday to Monday but it didn't happen.

Oh - Matt O. the cruise director was great as always.  Just cant say enough about him.  

• Like 2

I’m on here too and agree with you! I personally haven’t heard any complaints and everyone looks as if they are having a great time! I had EZ Air and everything was taken care of by Princess - granted I now have a non-direct flight and don’t arrive in Vancouver until midnight but I didn’t have to pay change fees and didn’t have the hassle of switching it all myself!

Matt O and his team are phenomenal! This is our 3rd cruise on Royal in 6 months just to sail with the cruise team! I hope princess realizes just what an asset they have in Matt!

Safe travels to everyone!