freeport

bill11466

I have 2 questions. I am booked on the carnival sunrise for October 14. First I was wondering if our stop in Freeport will be canceled and do you think they will give us another port. And second question I have a dolphin excursion booked in freeport when will they cancel that if not going there. Everything still shows up in  my documents on carnivals websight.

Hard to say, but based on some damage reports, you will probably have a different port or a sea day. The excursion will automatically refund (assuming you booked through Carnival) whenever they officially decide they aren’t going to Freeport. 

We're on the Pride starting on Sunday and we just got the official Freeport cancellation notice via email on Monday (so basically a week before we board). Through some weird snafu, our shore excursion was actually cancelled several weeks ago, but my guess is standard practice would have been to automatically cancel it when they officially canceled the stop. 

We just got another sea day. Partly I think because they have to hustle to get back to Baltimore (we would have left Freeport at 1:30 as it was), but I imagine the logistics of a last minute port change are somewhat difficult. I'd also imagine Freeport is on the less expensive end of ports to visit in terms of fees so finding a replacement that doesn't cost more money is difficult (and we are already going to Half Moon Cay). 

Interestingly, the Grand Bahama ship yard, jointly opened by Carnival corp and Royal Caribbean, is already open again. 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-grand-bahama-port-reopens-20190913-cxmrojnyffanvaegfbugbetmki-story.html

don’t know if that matters for the near term future of cruise stops, but it is certainly a positive development.