Wheelchair accessible shore excursions

shel003

I will be sailing on the Island Princess Sept. 21, 2020.  One of the ports that the ship will be stopping in is Oslo, Norway.  I signed up for the Best of Oslo without lunch tour through the cruise line as it had the handicap icon next to the name and the detailed itinerary stated that the sights visited were wheelchair accessible and that the motor coach was wheelchair accessible because "steps could be avoided".  I had contacted the cruise line excursion office with a question about a different excursion and when they replied had informed me that the Oslo excursion had no motorized lift on the motor coach.  I explained what I had seen on their listing and inquired whether the motor coach may have a ramp instead.  The excursion office was not helpful in clarifying as they were obviously just reading from whatever info they had stating that there was no lift and suggested I wait until on the ship for more information or options.  I really don't want to wait until the last minute and potentially miss out on seeing the sights.  Has anyone been on this excursion through Princess cruises?  Do you remember if the bus had a ramp or some way of avoiding the need to climb steps to get on the motor coach?

Howdy shel003! emo22.gif

I suggest you research the Disabled Cruise Travel forum. That's where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. Someone there will have probably sailed Princess, went to Oslo and will be able to give you the answers you seek.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Kat 🐱

Edited by TxCityKat
typo