Palma de Mallorca DIY - NEW

Host Bonjour

Hi! Kind of a strange question, but my partner is blind and we'll be in Palma de Mallorca on Nov. 4, off Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady. Typically at a port we like to just walk from port to a cool place for lunch and drinks. Is this something we can do here? Or is it better to take a taxi to a specific area? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Podie said:

Hi! Kind of a strange question, but my partner is blind and we'll be in Palma de Mallorca on Nov. 4, off Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady. Typically at a port we like to just walk from port to a cool place for lunch and drinks. Is this something we can do here? Or is it better to take a taxi to a specific area? Thanks!

Hi, 

Virgin will probably put on a shuttle into the city it's only about 10 mins ,

A taxi will be also a short journey for about 12 eu, head for the Cathedral you will a large choice of restaurants .

Hopefully you will get a sunny day and you will be able to have lunch outside.

Roger b 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my family of 4 will be aboard the Celebrity Ascent which arrives in Palma de Mallorca on Sunday, June 30th at 8 AM.  We decided to keep this port visit short and easy since we have full days planned for the other ports we are visiting.  Our sons who are in their 20s made reservations for us for brunch at 1 PM at Barbuda Beach in Palma Nova.  I believe that it is about a 15 minute taxi ride?

I understand that taxis are waiting at the port as people are getting off the cruise ship in the morning but will they still be available around 12:15 as we are heading to brunch?  Will there be "mini van" type of taxis waiting? Our sons are over 6 feet tall and I can't see the 4 of us comfortably fitting in a regular size taxi.

I also read that taxis would be readily available in Palma Nova. How far is the taxi stand from Barbuda Beach?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

1 hour ago, motherof22boys said:

Hi, my family of 4 will be aboard the Celebrity Ascent which arrives in Palma de Mallorca on Sunday, June 30th at 8 AM.  We decided to keep this port visit short and easy since we have full days planned for the other ports we are visiting.  Our sons who are in their 20s made reservations for us for brunch at 1 PM at Barbuda Beach in Palma Nova.  I believe that it is about a 15 minute taxi ride?

I understand that taxis are waiting at the port as people are getting off the cruise ship in the morning but will they still be available around 12:15 as we are heading to brunch?  Will there be "mini van" type of taxis waiting? Our sons are over 6 feet tall and I can't see the 4 of us comfortably fitting in a regular size taxi.

I also read that taxis would be readily available in Palma Nova. How far is the taxi stand from Barbuda Beach?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Hi,

Yes, it is a 15 min taxi ride from the port, you should have no difficulty in finding a taxi even if there is not one waiting outside the cruise terminal.

You should dock at the main terminal which is near the main seafront road, no guarantee of a large taxi !!

It being a Sunday it will be very busy so start earlier if you can , taxis pass Barbuda beach all the time , ask the restaurant to call one for you or it is a 2 min walk to the taxi rank.

Rogerb

58 minutes ago, roger b said:

Hi,

Yes, it is a 15 min taxi ride from the port, you should have no difficulty in finding a taxi even if there is not one waiting outside the cruise terminal.

You should dock at the main terminal which is near the main seafront road, no guarantee of a large taxi !!

It being a Sunday it will be very busy so start earlier if you can , taxis pass Barbuda beach all the time , ask the restaurant to call one for you or it is a 2 min walk to the taxi rank.

Rogerb

Thanks so much!  We will definitely plan on getting an earlier start.