Booking Question

djd1023

I recently booked my cruise thru Expedia. I just received a call from a man from my hometown who said when he booked his cruise thru Expedia, the guy at Expedia gave him my name and address. Does anyone else think this isn't too cool?

I recently booked my cruise thru Expedia. I just received a call from a man from my hometown who said when he booked his cruise thru Expedia, the guy at Expedia gave him my name and address. Does anyone else think this isn't too cool?

I think that this is a major invasion of your privacy and youshould let Expedia know that it is unacceptable.

That's really odd!!!:confused:

Did the guy say why they gave him your information? Are you booked on the same cruise? Not that it matters if you are - they shouldn't be giving out this info....I just can't believe they would do it in the first place!

I would call right now and find out what happened AND why!

Apparently when this man was booking his cruise was not too long after I spoke with Expedia concerning paying my balance. Well the person at Expedia must have recognized the town and told this guys he had just gotten off the phone with someone else from his hometown. Don't know what transpired from there except giving out my name and address

...Don't know what transpired from there except giving out my name and address

That is SO unacceptable on many different levels! That's your private information! What if this guy decided, rather than call you on the phone, that he wanted to pop up on your front porch for a visit? What does he need your address for?? Not to mention your phone number. If the agent was really wanting to do this person a favor he should have contacted you himself to ask you for permission! That's just creepy. I'd definitely bring it to Expedia in the form of a formal, written complaint directed at your agent's supervisor or even higher. In this day and age, you can't just hand that information out, it's just not safe. I venture to say that his supervisors won't be impressed with his little indiscretion.

Archived