Yes...Another price drop post...

ThxMomnDad

I have a price drop question but it's different from most of the other price drop posts I've read. So I originally booked a mid-ship balcony on the Escape for an October cruise with my wife. About a month ago, I saw that the price of a mid-ship mini-suite had dropped and was the same price I paid for our balcony cabin. I called NCL and they switched our cabin to a mid-ship mini-suite (Category MB). Now, I see that the price of that category MB min-suite has dropped by $75 per person, so $150 less than what we paid.

My question is, does anyone know if NCL would give us anything (onboard credit I'm assuming) for the price drop or would they say that they've already given us an upgrade to a better cabin so we're out of luck? I realize $150 isn't a major amount of money, but if we can get something, why not? Although I don't want to spend an hour on hold just to find out they won't do anything.

Thanks for any help!

8 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

From my experience you are out of luck since they already took care of you one time already.  Regardless, even if they did give you an OBC it would only be at the most 25% of the $150, or $37.50.

Not worth the time to stay on hold, at least for me.

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. I didn't know though that they only give you 25% of the difference.

And I agree...not worth the hold time for $37.50!

Thanks Cole!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I think it's more likely that they'd upgrade you twice vs upgrade and then OBC. 

Yeah, I'm happy  with my cabin and I doubt they'd upgrade me to a spa suite for a $150 price drop anyway, so I'll probably just ignore the price drop and continue happily counting down the days to my cruise. 😀

On our upcoming cruise in dec they gave us 25% of the difference. On a cruise we’re were on last week they would not give it to use because they claim that our cabin was upgraded.The agent  couldn’t really see where the upgrade was but none the less we were SOL. Not a big deal it was only $25

• Like 1

My advice is to find a cabin available for a little more than you paid and try to pay the difference to upgrade. We were able to do that twice for our upcoming cruise and went from a guaranteed balcony to a Spa Haven Suite for about $850 total and they refunded our Thermal Spa charge so it was really a net of about $400. 

20 hours ago, ThxMomnDad said:

I have a price drop question but it's different from most of the other price drop posts I've read. So I originally booked a mid-ship balcony on the Escape for an October cruise with my wife. About a month ago, I saw that the price of a mid-ship mini-suite had dropped and was the same price I paid for our balcony cabin. I called NCL and they switched our cabin to a mid-ship mini-suite (Category MB). Now, I see that the price of that category MB min-suite has dropped by $75 per person, so $150 less than what we paid.

My question is, does anyone know if NCL would give us anything (onboard credit I'm assuming) for the price drop or would they say that they've already given us an upgrade to a better cabin so we're out of luck? I realize $150 isn't a major amount of money, but if we can get something, why not? Although I don't want to spend an hour on hold just to find out they won't do anything.

Thanks for any help!

They have already given you one rate correction or I guess it would be though of as an upgrade. I doubt you can get anything more. Be satisfied with how lucky you were to get the upgrade. There will always be someone who got a better deal than you. That is life 

• Like 3

Thanks to all who responded. Yeah, I'm happy with what we have and as I said earlier, it's just not worth my time to sit on hold for an hour to hope I get something. When I originally called to upgrade to the mini-suite, I was on hold for over an hour.