last minute email for boarding

merinski

Just received a notice from Princess, that it is going to be busier and delayed boarding. 

They want people to come at specified times... We have had this before at time of booking

but this is 2 days before . Does anyone know how serious to take this, they want us to board

at 3pm, we were planning on much earlier? This is for boarding in Vancouver.

Edited by merinski

Looks like you're departing Sep 21? 

If so, there will be 3 ships in port, including 2 Princess ships (Ruby and Golden Princess). They all are scheduled to depart at same time out of Canada Place. I'd take it pretty seriously because there will always be people who want to board early regardless of suggestions.  My guess is there will be long lines early in the day as Princess tries to board and process 2 ships.

Edited by ell52

6 hours ago, merinski said:

Just received a notice from Princess, that it is going to be busier and delayed boarding. 

They want people to come at specified times... We have had this before at time of booking

but this is 2 days before . Does anyone know how serious to take this, they want us to board

at 3pm, we were planning on much earlier? This is for boarding in Vancouver.

I got the same email.  Do you think we can check luggage earlier? If not, I guess I will put it at the Pan Pacific for a few hours.  

2 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I got the same email.  Do you think we can check luggage earlier? If not, I guess I will put it at the Pan Pacific for a few hours.  

I think you can check your luggage earlier, and I heard from someone else that this has become a standard form... but it will be busier due to 3 ships in port.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, ell52 said:

Looks like you're departing Sep 21? 

If so, there will be 3 ships in port, including 2 Princess ships (Ruby and Golden Princess). They all are scheduled to depart at same time out of Canada Place. I'd take it pretty seriously because there will always be people who want to board early regardless of suggestions.  My guess is there will be long lines early in the day as Princess tries to board and process 2 ships.

Somehow I missed this. I think maybe going a bit later is better, I just think 3 pm is too late.