Chocolate Buffet

mom2eli

Is this an urban cruise legend? I was on the Paradise and never saw it. I am sure if it was listed in the capers I would have been first in line. So do they really exist and how will I know when to go!

Chocoholic!

Check out my pictures (Click Link below, then Western Carribean Link below Alaska Link) you'll see lots of chocolate and other food :) Enjoy

http://community.webshots.com/user/imgreatful

I believe the cruise I went on back in June 2000 had a Chocolate Buffet, but it wasn't so much a buffet as it was a 'show' ... you walked around, looked at some of the cool and beautiful designs that had been made out of chocolate, ice and other stuff. It was very neat to walk around and look at it all but it didn't help my sweet tooth any. :) I wanted to take some of it home so badly! I don't remember which ship I was on, but it was a Carnival cruise.

On my second cruise in May 2003, they had the buffet as someone described it above, just a dipping fountain. I didn't complain about it. Chocolate is chocolate, after all, and there really wasn't a description anywhere about what to expect from it. I did get to enjoy a few (!!) chocolate dipped bananas, strawberries, grapes and other stuff which I never would have normally dipped in chocolate. :) It wasn't too bad in the end.

Now this makes me wonder whether or not that do this on every cruise. Will there be a Chocolate Buffet on the Sensation sailing out of Port Canaveral on May 13? Is there any way to know ahead of time? :)

Undrhil

I believe the cruise I went on back in June 2000 had a Chocolate Buffet, but it wasn't so much a buffet as it was a 'show' ... you walked around, looked at some of the cool and beautiful designs that had been made out of chocolate, ice and other stuff. It was very neat to walk around and look at it all but it didn't help my sweet tooth any. :) I wanted to take some of it home so badly! I don't remember which ship I was on, but it was a Carnival cruise.

On my second cruise in May 2003, they had the buffet as someone described it above, just a dipping fountain. I didn't complain about it. Chocolate is chocolate, after all, and there really wasn't a description anywhere about what to expect from it. I did get to enjoy a few (!!) chocolate dipped bananas, strawberries, grapes and other stuff which I never would have normally dipped in chocolate. :) It wasn't too bad in the end.

Now this makes me wonder whether or not that do this on every cruise. Will there be a Chocolate Buffet on the Sensation sailing out of Port Canaveral on May 13? Is there any way to know ahead of time? :)

Undrhil

I certainly hope so. It was on the Sensation that we had the BEST chocolate buffet to date. Since it is a 5 day with 3 ports, wonder when it would be. Last Sensation cruise it was on the last sea day, but on the 5-8-06 sailing there is ONLY one sea day! I wonder who would know on the ship? The dining staff maybe???:confused:

I was on the same cruise on the Miracle as kimmimom, and yes, the fruit they had for the chocolate fountain was kind of a weird concoction. However, if you went into the other buffet, in the middle between the grill and the deli, they had all kinds of chocolate cake and ice cream. They were even making swans out of pastry and ice cream. I had totally forgotten about the chocolate buffet being that day, and we just happened to be having lunch right beside the buffet line when they started bringing the goodies out. I wouldn't have even seen the chocolate fountain if we hadn't cut back to the elevators that way!:eek:

Also, don't forget the ice cream sundae bar is also that afternoon. Aft pool area. I think it's always the last sea day afternoon.

Archived