Chocolate Buffet

mom2eli

Now.......Don't go picturing some wonderful buffet of cakes, cookies, fudge brownies and chunks of Chocolate.......served up in some Grand Buffet Style.

It was a very small area of the one buffet line....where they had stuff dipped in a liquid Chocolate.....What we had was not very good. :(

The only time that I had ever heard about them was here on CC...

I am not the chocoholic in my family...it is DH. I know that he would have smelled it had there been something of the sort.

But, from what I have read on here, it seems to be held on the last day...kind of mixed in with other food...like the Taste of Nation thing that was mentioned. Nothing spectacular I guess...None the less, we will be watching for it in March on the Victory!! (I guess Chocolate Buffet does conjur up images like Voyagerfl warned us against!! ;) Oh well.)

Never saw one on the Sensation... there was one on the Miracle but I didn't go to it... The one on the Valor was definitely MUCH more of a "buffet", the entire lido buffet, up and down both sides, desserts as far as the eye could see. They did have a chocolate fondue station, but SOOO much more! Lots of different kinds of cheesecakes, cakes, pies, candies, chocolate covered nuts, truffles, etc. It was my lunch for the day :D

Never saw one on the Sensation... there was one on the Miracle but I didn't go to it... The one on the Valor was definitely MUCH more of a "buffet", the entire lido buffet, up and down both sides, desserts as far as the eye could see. They did have a chocolate fondue station, but SOOO much more! Lots of different kinds of cheesecakes, cakes, pies, candies, chocolate covered nuts, truffles, etc. It was my lunch for the day :D

GC you missed it on the Sensation! John found it, and I had to pull him away kicking and screaming!

:eek: He literally DOVE into the Chocolate Pear cake! It was 1/2 the length of the buffet restaurant on the Lido deck. It had to be 12 to 15 feet long with cakes and pies of all type chocolate. We just happened to be walking thru the buffet restaurant so I could get some punch to go with my favorite libations and "voila" there it was! I don't care for chocolate, so it didn't mean much to me.

Yikes.........either we were blind.....or we got a dud choc. buffet...!

I even asked the guy behind the counter if "This Was It" when we found the Dip Thingiee ??

My other half is a sweet-a-holic.......I don't think he would have missed it. :(

We were on the Miracle over Halloween...anyone else remember seeing more ?

we were on the miracle 2 weeks ago and i was very disappointed. All i saw was the chocolate fountain that they dipped things in for you (and they were out of bananas!). I pictured the descriptions above-long lines of chocolate cakes, etc.

Yikes.........either we were blind.....or we got a dud choc. buffet...!

I even asked the guy behind the counter if "This Was It" when we found the Dip Thingiee ??

My other half is a sweet-a-holic.......I don't think he would have missed it. :(

We were on the Miracle over Halloween...anyone else remember seeing more ?

Oooh...What a shame! It does sound like you got a bum buffet! The one on Conquest was an entire buffet line and had too many types of chocolate desserts to even remember everything...Cakes, candies, chocolate sushi, little ice cream shakes, and that kind of stuff.

We sailed Carnival Glory in Jan 2005 and there was a wonderful LARGE choc. buffet in the mid afternoon of the last sea day. We (me and MIL) tried as many yummies as we could. Too die for! I hope the Triumph has one in Dec. I'll be there fer sure!

Kathy in Mane

Still doing this on the Glory, last sea day. It was listed in our capers as well. The chocolate buffet is as big as a regular buffet! There were all sorts of chocolate cakes, cheesecakes, assorted citrus & chocolate cakes, carmelized banana fritters, truffles, chocolate rice pudding, hot chocolate cake-like pudding, there must have been 30 different things. Also assorted hand dipped ice cream with sauces available. The Chocolate fudge cake in the middle was to die for!

All week there was a chocolate fountain available at lunch with different fruit to dip in it, too.

I was very dissapointed with chocolate buffett on the Miracle January 8th cruise. The fruit they had did not go well with chocolate. They had hunks of pineapple,honeydew,and cantelope. It was kinda gross. I want to know where the marshmallows, strawberries, and pound cake cubes were. Now that would have been yummy.

Teri

I was very dissapointed with chocolate buffett on the Miracle January 8th cruise. The fruit they had did not go well with chocolate. They had hunks of pineapple,honeydew,and cantelope. It was kinda gross. I want to know where the marshmallows, strawberries, and pound cake cubes were. Now that would have been yummy.

Teri

Ahhhhhh, So you were on the Miracle (different date) and got the same stuff we did.....Guess, they don't have the same thing fleet wide yet ! :(

We just returned from the Victory. It wasn't advertised in the capers, but it was on the last sea day at lunch time at the end of the Lido buffet. I skipped lunch and went right to dessert! There were various cakes and other desserts and lot of chocolate-covered nuts (MMMM!). There was no fruit or chocolate dip that I saw. We were on the Conquest last year, and that one was much bigger.

Archived