Tier: Child

disneylover89

The last time we cruised with NCL was 15 years ago and we were all assigned Latitude numbers at that time.  We are now booked on an Alaskan cruise and we have 2 cabins, my husband and I in one cabin and my 2 children in the other.  Today I created an account in my sons name so I could see their booking and I noticed that both my children's Tier Level said Child, their ages are 25 and 21, and their past cruise was not listed.  I called the Latitudes department and they changed their Tier Level to Past Guest and said children under 18 do not get credit for cruising.  I have never heard such a thing. They have been on 2 other cruise lines and they received credit for their cruises.  Is this true?

Yes, children under 18 do get credit for their cruises. However, it may not show up yet.

This is the wording from the latitudes FAQs:

"You must be over 18 years of age, have completed an eligible sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age."

From the discussions on here, it seems that people have had different experiences. My interpretation of the above is that following the first cruise taken after reaching 18, all of the points earned to date will be credited. That is what some people have reported happening, and I would hope will be the case for you.

Some people have reported the points being credited before that first cruise. I'm not sure why different people have had different experiences, other than that is just what happens with NCL.

• Like 1

Is it possible it is just so long ago the program didn't apply anymore?  Under the last program, kids got the trips basically set on the side until they turned 18 then they got the appropriate matching level.  Under the current program, it is supposed to be the same but then the child has to take a cruise when 18 or older than they get the respective level.  They also instituted the must claim any past cruises within one year of sailing so maybe that is what they are doing.

I should add that in the old day, you could create a child's logon on myncl (at age 15?) and see their past history.  Now it just says child, doesn't show any history, and it says -1 from reaching past guest status.  If you wanted to make sure a cruise is there within the one year taken or lose it, you'd have to call them I guess.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I should add that in the old day, you could create a child's logon on myncl (at age 15?) and see their past history.  Now it just says child, doesn't show any history, and it says -1 from reaching past guest status.  If you wanted to make sure a cruise is there within the one year taken or lose it, you'd have to call them I guess.

When I was on the Breakaway recently I was booking a future cruise, and I said to the cruisenext rep that I wan't sure that our sons latitudes number was correct.

He looked at his screen and said that he could see that it was the correct number as it had his history on it, so it looks like they can check.

wondering...if a cruise under the "kids sail free" promo means they won't get credit.   Seems semi-logical that they wouldn't.   Sort of like how you don't get flight miles for trips you booked using mileage points.

After every cruise we take I call and make sure that our son was credited for that cruise.  Since he is now 15 I did make an account for him but it doesn’t show any of his past cruises.  I was also told that on the cruises we got double points that he did not and would not get the double points.  

17 minutes ago, TPgal said:

wondering...if a cruise under the "kids sail free" promo means they won't get credit.   Seems semi-logical that they wouldn't.   Sort of like how you don't get flight miles for trips you booked using mileage points.

I would think so. The system is based on nights on the ship. It's not just kids that sail free on NCL, anyone could be 3 & 4 and an adult would get the points for it. 

On 9/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, gatorchinsky said:

After every cruise we take I call and make sure that our son was credited for that cruise.  Since he is now 15 I did make an account for him but it doesn’t show any of his past cruises.  I was also told that on the cruises we got double points that he did not and would not get the double points.  

Our kids have gotten double points and suite points.