Just off Preziosa

Katie scarlett

Just off Preziosa and after reading all the reviews beforehand i would def say this ship is a 3 star experience

From the food to entertainment to onboard ativities.

the ship itself is big and beautiful staff mostly lovely but everything onboard is very expensive even down to a shuttlebus to take you off port  into town £17!!!

MSC has a lot to learn in my humble opinion

and im easily pleased 😁

Previously cruised

ncl rci celebrity princess

Edited by Katie scarlett

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Captain-John said:

Hi Katie. I'm boarding Preziosa in two weeks so sad to hear you didn't have a good experience. What was your itinerary and where was the £17 shuttle?

Hamburg was where we paid £ 17 not great when we were there on a Sunday when every thing is shut .

On 9/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, Katie scarlett said:

I wouldnt say i had a bad experience more a disappointing one

7 night European cities

bruges hamburg rotterdam le harve

I think i would do a lot more research into ports and distance on any future cruises

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head there, the Internet is a wonderful tool for research prior to travel and forums like this for anyone to use , no excuses.

We got off Preziosa on 11th Sept, exactly same itinerary, we had a great week .

Having been to Hamburg before and knowing the port is huge I waited to see where we were going to dock . We were in the middle of the industrial area so decided to have a sea day and stay onboard as the weather was lovely . 

Rotterdam- never been before but googled what to see and again had a lovely time walking into town and seeing what I had found in my pre Cruise research.

Enjoy your future research for your next cruise , it is all about the planning and build up to it.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 3

We were on Preziosa from Sept 15th to 22nd and thought our on board Yacht  Club experience was wonderful a 9.5 out of 10.  All the ships staff were very accommodating So much that we booked a Baltic cruise on board..

We stayed in Hamburg for three days for an event called " Hamburg Cruise days". We did our research before leaving and did notice the major sites were quite far from the ship, but having vacationed in London, Paris and Amsterdam in the past we opted for excursions for the smaller close towns instead. 

At Le Have we went to Honfleur we toured the town and went to a distillery where they make calvados

At South Hampton we went to Winchester and Wolvesey castle

We did the day tour of Brussels  which was an hour plus bus ride from port but the city was amazing

At Rotterdam we went to Delft and The Hague during the day and an evening tour of Rotterdam itself.

Sure some things on cruises are expensive but I booked on line before and paid in US dollars not euros.

Also to compare we paid $16.50 each for the standard internet package for two devices, our upcoming Celebrity cruise is offering a 10% discount for a single device for $212.80.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, plimouth pilgrims said:

We were on Preziosa from Sept 15th to 22nd and thought our on board Yacht  Club experience was wonderful a 9.5 out of 10.  All the ships staff were very accommodating So much that we booked a Baltic cruise on board..

We stayed in Hamburg for three days for an event called " Hamburg Cruise days". We did our research before leaving and did notice the major sites were quite far from the ship, but having vacationed in London, Paris and Amsterdam in the past we opted for excursions for the smaller close towns instead. 

At Le Have we went to Honfleur we toured the town and went to a distillery where they make calvados

At South Hampton we went to Winchester and Wolvesey castle

We did the day tour of Brussels  which was an hour plus bus ride from port but the city was amazing

At Rotterdam we went to Delft and The Hague during the day and an evening tour of Rotterdam itself.

Sure some things on cruises are expensive but I booked on line before and paid in US dollars not euros.

Also to compare we paid $16.50 each for the standard internet package for two devices, our upcoming Celebrity cruise is offering a 10% discount for a single device for $212.80.

Thanks for your post. We plan to sail her next May & are looking at things to do. Winchester definitely whilst docked at Southampton, embarking at Le Havre, we're staying in Deauville pre-cruise (I've been there before but DW hasn't), really hoping to see Bruges and Rotterdam. We disembark in Hamburg & are looking forward to that as well. Thank you again. 

I was on the same cruise as the OP and agree 100%.  Weather and vacation were awesome and we liked most of the ports.  However, the cruise itself was very lame.  There was absolutely nothing to do and the entertainment was sooooooooo boring.  Staff was very friendly and our room and rest of the ship was nicer than expected.  food was ok to pretty good and we met some great people. I realize it is Europe and the cruise was more about the ports, but I have done Europe on other lines and there was so much more to do on board. The two sea days were excruciating.  4,000 people on board with only 100 Americans, which I honestly do not mind at all.  Yes, we ran into rude people on elevators as expected, but not a big deal.  The biggest problem I noticed was how many people came out of the public bathrooms and did not wash their hands.  Don't tell me that is a European custom, it is just wrong and disgusting. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...